Question about a graphics bug...?
(03-15-2011, 10:49 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah 1x uses whatever resolution is in the 2 boxes so tried setting what I told you?
Wasn't sure what you meant until now, but ill check it out when I get home from work. Doing x2 and x3 do in fact remove the problem, but was hoping x1 scaling would work due to x2 looking like poop and x3 giving framerate drops. Thanks for all your help guys.

Sponsored links

Tried the 1200x1200 and 1080x1080 in x1 and the problem persisted, what exactly is the difference between x1 D3d vs x2 and x3? Also I noticed in the GS window for the emulation settings that every time i try to put my resolution as 1920x1080 it goes back to 1904x1032? Could there be something im setting wrong in the other screen options?
The configuration guide which you should had already read ( pcsx2.net/ guide.php ) thoroughly explains what each of these options do.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ill look intp that, thanks for reminding me. I do have a question about the resolutions, in the gs window the input res is merely a window size. Does this mean the gsdx is a graphics render, making them two resolutions? I did miss the part mentioning using x2 and x3 if you have problems with x1, but my problem is I didn't have problems at first but when trying to adjust aa it glitched. I made this thread hoping someone else had this exact glitch. Ill just get as close as I can to 1920x1080 in x3 scaling...
no, or you use custom upscale (meaning x1 scaling is selected) and input your own values... or use the multiplier that acts over the actual game's original resolution...

"Internal" 1920x1080 resolution means uneven scaling, you should avoid it as many games will glitch. It's not the same as the "external" resolution you set under the "Window Settings" under the "Video (GS)" plugin config. That external resolution you can set at your hearth desire.

PS: was found 1080x1080 is a good start point when tinkering with internal resolution.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-15-2011, 08:47 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: no, or you use custom upscale (meaning x1 scaling is selected) and input your own values... or use the multiplier that acts over the actual game's original resolution...

"Internal" 1920x1080 resolution means uneven scaling, you should avoid it as many games will glitch. It's not the same as the "external" resolution you set under the "Window Settings" under the "Video (GS)" plugin config. That external resolution you can set at your hearth desire.

PS: was found 1080x1080 is a good start point when tinkering with internal resolution.
That actually helps me out a lot, thank you. While reading the manual and It does note the internal resolution was the most stable, which i could notice by how well the game runs which is why I got bummed out and wanted to make the x1 work. It doesnt mention that some games WONT work with internal and have glitches unless using x2+ scaling. Unless im blind and dont see that, thanks for all you time.

(03-16-2011, 02:32 AM)Darkfalz89 Wrote: It doesnt mention that some games WONT work with internal and have glitches unless using x2+ scaling. Unless im blind and dont see that, thanks for all you time.

That's because the game works, it has some glitches from using resolutions that were not intended for it, but the game works Tongue2

Also the guide does mention the glitches in the Scaling subsection of GSdx:
Quote:Do keep in mind that changing the native resolution of games can cause various glitches (from the usual very minor glitches to more serious ones in rare cases).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-16-2011, 07:53 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That's because the game works, it has some glitches from using resolutions that were not intended for it, but the game works Tongue2

Also the guide does mention the glitches in the Scaling subsection of GSdx:
I did see that, but when it said native i thought it meant native ps2 resolution, the box underneath. My bad.

The "Native" box is exactly that, the native resolution of the game on the PS2 (also explained in the guide Tongue2). Anything else is bound to get glitches like it, in fact even tho 2x/3x might get rid of some of the glitches, it's still there just less noticeable Tongue2

Quote:Native: If you check this box, the plugin will render in the native resolution of the ps2 (that is why D3D internal res and Scaling get grayed out)
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
People is becoming so addicted to the enhancements the emulator brings out that forget how the original looked bad Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real