Question about a visual bug
2 Years ago i tried to play The godfather with upscaling, but it didnt work out cause of a lighting bug on the screen because of the upscaling.
it was told to me that it was a big problem for lots of games that lightning bug. 

(Example of the bug here)
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/a/img923/7353/6A2Jak.png

i can fix the upper half of the screen part with merge sprite.
Back then i was using 1.4 pcsx2, now im using 1.6. and thus i was wondering is this bug fixable now??

CPU : Intel Skylake Core i7-6700HQ CPU 
GPU : Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB 
RAM : 16 
i am using pcsx2 1.6.0 
i am playing the game on a ISO

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-20-2020, 07:52 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
here i posted my file to clarify, the bug is active on start up + when i choose any of the hardware options availble.

also for the tags i dont understand what you mean, can you elaborate on that?

i also played it a bit. the lighting effect sometimes goes away and comes back in a cutscene. and when entering a house or safehouse(loading screen) the effect also goes away

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 6,48 KB / Downloads: 119)
it may be fixed in ogl renderer with accurate bleding set to high, IIRC
(05-20-2020, 11:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: it may be fixed in ogl renderer with accurate bleding set to high, IIRC
unfortunatly it did not work. Sad
does software mode solve the bug ?
(05-20-2020, 12:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: does software mode solve the bug ?
like i said in the original post. the cause of the bug is upscaling it. that was told to me by another user long ago. with software mode there is no upscaling so there is no bug then. 

i was just wondering if this problem was solved for some games with the newer pcsx seeing it is now version1.6. and when it was told to me 2 years ago was the 1.4 version.
can you post your gsdx settings ?
(05-20-2020, 01:52 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you post your gsdx settings ?
what settings do you mean with gsdx? dont know the abbreviations.
Config->Video(GS)->Plugin settings. Does it go away if you set resolution to native on a hardware renderer?
Edit: here's the issue and a dirty solution
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2111
[Image: newsig.jpg]