Question about applying AA, true 16x9 pic ?
I'm using version Pcsx2 0.9.8 r4600. My PC is a 2500K @ 4.5 GHz / GTX 550 Ti

I have few questions please help. I'm new to this stuff.

I'm using SSE41 Direct 11 Hardware as my plug in setting. I'm currently playing the game 1280x720 res. The game looks good but there are still small jaggies even at 1080p. So how do I enable AA in the game is my question.

Also I don't understand the setting ''use scaling'' then the tab right by it that says custom then the drop down says 2x 4x Native and so forth. I've tried this setting but I don't seem to see any diff between that or custom res.

I'm using a real PS2 Dualshock with a little box device called smart joy then I hook that up to the PC via USB. It works great so far. I'm wondering does PCSX2 support the rumble feature ? do I have to install separate drivers for this function ?

Last question when I use a custom res like 1280x720 which is a widescreen res, is the game actually in a true widescreen picture ? I do by the way have the 16x9 aspect ratio setting enabled in the windows settings in th emu.

thanks

Sponsored links

Do you see those numbers (i.e. 512x448) displayed on the top-left of the game window?

That's the game's native resolution. When you enter any custom resolution, it is simply scaling to that. "Using scaling" options will result in the resolution being scaled to native times the multiplier.

An AntiAliasing hack is available in the hidden hack section of the GS plugin settings. You can read how to enable it in the Configuration Guide, in the Graphics section.

Some games may support true wide-screen, but the rest are simply strecthed from the standard 4:3 (or what actually isn't always to begin with) .
Thanks for that link it helped. I read a lot of that info.

I guess the only question I have left is about the rumble feature. Is it supported ? I'm using a real PS2 Dual shock with a little box device called smart joy then I hook that up to the PC via USB. Do I have to install separate drivers/program for this function ?
Yes it is. You need to install the driver that came with the USB adapter. I use a DualShock 2 with a USB adapter too. And it took me a long time to know that.
I don't have the drivers for this device anymore. I don't know if it even came with one. Well thats ok anyway I won't play with rumble then. Plus I don't like installing third party software anyway.

Is there anypoint of going any higher than 4x for PCSX2 ? For PC games for me at least 4x was the sweet spot for AA. How much AA would you say is appropriate for PCSX2 with most games given you have a good rig ? thanks
Scott never compare PC Games with an emulator as heavy as this piece of brilliance Wink since PCSX2 is way more heavier.
(01-06-2012, 07:47 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Scott never compare PC Games with an emulator as heavy as this piece of brilliance Wink since PCSX2 is way more heavier.

I wasn't comparing games. Maybe you should read my post again. Here is my last post:

I don't have the drivers for this device anymore. I don't know if it even came with one. Well that's ok anyway I won't play with rumble then. Plus I don't like installing third party software anyway.

Is there any point of going any higher than 4x for PCSX2 ? For PC games for me at least 4x was the sweet spot for AA. How much AA would you say is appropriate for PCSX2 with most games given you have a good rig ?

By the way you guys are great here are much more helpful than the other PCSX2 forum is. If I could get a comment on my last two questions I'll going away. Wink

I can answer your AA question.

I use x4 scaling in FFX, and an AA of 4. i see no jaggies. So i am thinking much like PC, the sweet spot is 4. of course, if you can do higher, do it up Laugh
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
theres no way you use 4x AA and 4x Scaling, which means you are applying it from the Driver which doesn't do anything.
Try using FXAA instead, press page up, or add "fxaa=1" on gsdx.ini to enable it by default.

As for "how much for me" question, you have the hardware and the game in your hand, why don't you try it yourself?