Question about archiving
I have a vast collection of PS2 games, and to be honest, they take up A LOT of shelf space. Consequently, I've been slowly ripping all of them and making iso images. My question to you guys is, should I keep the PS2 games around or should I try donating them once I'm done digitizing them? There's two main reasons I'm considering keeping them around:
1. Maybe a newer, more advanced imaging format will come around and I'll want to re-rip the games.
2. How can I ever be 100% sure that my images are perfect copies of the games?

Thoughts?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

If you dont own the copies anymore you are not allowed to use the iso's legally
^ That is correct. Even if your original disc is cracked into pieces, you are still allowed to use any backup/image as long as you keep the pieces. I have such a copy of Tales of the Abyss. Original got stepped on and shattered, but I can still legally use my backup. However, if I tossed the shattered disc, I wouldn't be able to.

In order to legally use ISO, you have to have your original, regardless of condition.

Although:

2 - By using the verification function of disc imaging program.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh man, that sucks. And here I was hoping I'd get to digitize my PS2 collection XD. Well that's OK, I guess I'll get some slim cases or something like that so they don't take up much space. But then it's gonna bother me knowing that I have the discs and not the cases lol

So does this apply to music as well? Because I've long since digitized my CDs and donated them to charity so now all I have is my FLACs. :-\
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
you can just pack them all together and toss them into a box and place in the corner of your room, doesnt matter if they get damaged inside ^^
it really depends which country you live in, here for example music and video you can make backups aslong you don't sell them and you only use them for own use, so you can't even loan them to friends, not sure how this is with your country's rule.
(09-13-2014, 09:38 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Oh man, that sucks. And here I was hoping I'd get to digitize my PS2 collection XD. Well that's OK, I guess I'll get some slim cases or something like that so they don't take up much space. But then it's gonna bother me knowing that I have the discs and not the cases lol

So does this apply to music as well? Because I've long since digitized my CDs and donated them to charity so now all I have is my FLACs. :-\

If you really don't care about your originals condition, just get an old blank DVD spool and toss them on there. That's what I did with MOST of my PSX games. I still have Final Fantasy 7,8,9 in original jewel case though. But with this method, you can fit like 100 discs in tiny area.

As far as music, it does really depend on your country. But for the U.S. at least, legally you don't have the right to use that music any more.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Edit: And as for my PS2 games... well most of my games for all consoles in fact... I have one of those big tubs that you can get for storage. I have an entire tub and a half full of my originals, and some on disc backups as well.
I like putting my ps2 games in the clear slim cases to put on display
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-14-2014, 12:41 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I like putting my ps2 games in the clear slim cases to put on display

All my ps2 games and etc was accustom to stay in a large mobile if a good aesthetics organizaeds in my personal taste(not alphabetically for example)and displayed like trophies,the mobile had been bought especially for this ,one decade ago i think,had various divisions,a part only for ps2 games,a part only for ps1 and etc...

but now all is past,these games now are digitalizeds in Isos on the HDs of my computer,then the physical copies are all stored in manys box inside of a old room. Tongue

Worst destiny have the DVDs physicals ,i was gived for free all,and i just haveall these movies(and much more) in 720p and 1080p digitalizeds