Question about changing hotkeys for savestates
I do use memory card(as I know problems can occur if you just use save states) but I do use savestates a lot too in case the game crashes(also for some reason, whenever I minimize pcsx2, the game crashes and sometimes I forget that it can crash).

By default: F1 is to save, F2 is to switch the savestate slot, and F3 is to load.

I was wondering if I can change the hotkeys to something like "F1 save slot 1", "F2 save slot 2", "shift + F1 load slot 1", etc?

Or changing it to f1-5 save slots 1-5, f6-10 load slots 1-5?

Sponsored links

Not without changing one (or two) plugins. F4-F12 are already occupied by GSDX.

F4 - Frame Rate
F5 - Interlace
F6 - Aspect Ratio
F7 - Filter?
F8 - Screenshot
F9 - Not sure exactly
F10 - Nothing?
F11 - Nothing?
F12 - Video Capture

If you want to change the functions, you should ask one of the controller plugin creators to add it in.
F4 is a PCSX2 key for framelimiter toggling.

F5-F8 are reserved for the GS plugin (you got those right!)

F9 is a PCSX2 key for flipping to/from software mode (which is certainly a hack, but very useful none-the-less!)

F10 is a PCSX2 key for devel use mostly. Logging toggles.

F11 is unused, actually (I think, I should double check!)

F12 is PCSX2 key for video/audio capture

... so only F5-F8 are "off limits" in that design, though PCSX2 can freely remap the GS Fxx keys to any other key, thanks to how I did things in 0.9.7. So remapping is possible. The problem is that making a decent enough interface for configuring it is annoying. I might allow it to be manually edited via the ini files, but don't expect anything in the user interface for it for a while, unless some other coder gets eager and submits a widget/panel for it. Wink
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Well, actually, number keys (1-9) would be better suit for save/load statates, than F-keys. And they are free for use.
Yeah that's a better idea for sure.
We could do that.
Is there guide how to configure video recording?? when i press f12 logs says it creates zerospu2.wav file (sound only)/ Tough it creatd the file its 0 time in winamp and cant run in windows media player at all. Using Win7 if it changes anything
PCSX2. r1726
GSDX 1600

Solved. Newer gsdx has it. Tough newer dont give a little boost in t5 it bugs arenas even more.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
I don't know about you, but I like the F1 setup because it's out of reach of my wandering fingers during normal use. Less of a chance of hitting them accidentally.

If you do change it up, kindly add something in to either revert to the old behavior, or to require a modifier; ie Shift + 1 loads, Ctrl + 1 saves, 1 itself does nothing.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Wow, thanks for the response everyone and thanks for taking being able to change hotkeys, for savestates, into consideration Smile.
(01-07-2010, 03:22 PM)rama Wrote: We could do that.

That would be great. I wished me many times, that I could use the number keys for savestates as well. This would be much easier than constantly hitting F2 to reach a specific savestate.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.