Question about compatibility
So I have some questions about the game compatibility list. When checking games to see if they are playable in pcsx2 I noticed that there is a version column and the version that is listed for each game varies. Does this mean that you would need to have multiple versions of pcsx2 installed and use a particular one for certain games? I am asking because after setting the emulator up and testing a couple games to tune the graphics settings I was getting pretty bad slowdowns in game.

My Specs are:
core i7 7700HQ 2.80GHz (actual speed is 3.50GHz)
16GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia 1050Ti

Any advice would be welcome, I just feel that my system should be running these games fairly easily without the slowdown that I am getting.

*edit*
I was not even able to run any games tested above native resolution, and even at native resolution I was dipping down into 20fps. I tried testing with openGL, Direct3D11, and Direct3D9, of which OpenGL was the worst performing option. other than the res change and the rendering change I touched nothing.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Those specs are much higher than I have in my laptop, and it doesn't have issues running most games.

Did you enable the recommended speed hacks? They make a massive difference.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Thats a laptop processor.. laptops are all over the map on cooling. It's got a great stp score.. If I remember right about 2100.. which is solid.. but you may be thermal throttling.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Set up your pc properly and use pcsx2 emulator default setting if you want 60 fps for all the games.
I am able to get full speed for all my games, so far so good.