Question about creating a custom res
So I guess I don't really know much about resolution at all. So it would seem. But... in the custom resolution thing there are 2 spots to put numbers. What does one number do to the other in terms of picture quality? Should they be the same number? As in 1300X1300, or does it matter if they are different like 1300X1200?

Sponsored links

it's the number of pixels on the X-Y coordinates system. Higher numbers yield increased sharpness. The native resolution I believe is 640 (X) by 448 (Y). Using custom resolution is sure to bring graphical errors if you do not know what you are doing. Your best bet is to stick to x2 (up to x6) for best results. Of course, higher numbers require a stronger gpu.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

The left and right boxes correspond to the XY screen resolution, respectively. Generally it's best to keep the internal res at multiples of the game's native resolution, but if you wanted to input a custom one. It would generally be best to put in the same aspect ratio of your display. Eg: 16:9 -> 1280x720, 1920x1080, 2560x1440 etc.

Example
X screen resolution->[2560] x [1440]<-Y screen resolution

That's just one example of how to use it, but it is a custom res, afterall so you can put in damn well whatever you want to Tongue

Edit, was answered above, while i was typing
Okay, my laptop screen res is at 1024X768. And in pcsx2 I put the numbers at 1650X1238 because after that I get some slowdowns in certain menus. Basically I'm just trying to get the best quality without slowdowns. Thanks.
(06-27-2013, 02:43 AM)joshsonic26 Wrote: Okay, my laptop screen res is at 1024X768. And in pcsx2 I put the numbers at 1650X1238 because after that I get some slowdowns in certain menus. Basically I'm just trying to get the best quality without slowdowns. Thanks.

don't use high d3d internal res if your gpu can't afford, it slow many games alot.
Better stick on 2x or 3x native.
But on my experience on weak machine try reverse d3d xy res to 640x720 or 640x960 it may equal to 2x native but custom res may give glitches. It works for me. I don't know it works for you or not (: