Question about game regions
I'm curious to know if my BIOS would play imported Japanese games. Now, I'm pretty sure that a North American PS2 wouldn't play an imported game right off the bat. Atleast, I think it wouldn't. Would this restriction apply to my computer and the emulator because I'm getting the BIOS from a North American PS2?

Sponsored links

nope.

pcsx2 is region free
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ahh, thanks for help.
(02-26-2010, 02:11 AM)jesalvein Wrote: nope.

pcsx2 is region free

Does it even make a difference which bios you're using when playing a game? Because if no, why are there different ones existing anyway^^?
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
I don't think it does. I have played the SRW series with the Japanese Bios and the North American Bios, and I don't notice any difference. So you should be fine. BTW playing games that are in Japanese is an interesting experience when you don't understand it lol
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(02-26-2010, 08:23 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote: Does it even make a difference which bios you're using when playing a game? Because if no, why are there different ones existing anyway^^?

Yeah there are a handful of games that behave differently with different BIOS, but that is due to remaining PCSX2 bugs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]