Question about legality of stuff
As we all know that sony can leave the support and sell of ps2 and stop making games for it after the fifa 14 release than it this pirecy thing still matters for sony and pcsx2 team . (its a question dont kill me and its doent mean that i am support pirecy).
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

hard to tell...
I guess you need to wait for an official info from Sony
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-18-2013, 05:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hard to tell...
I guess you need to wait for an official info from Sony

Sony will keep milking the cow for what it's worth.

PS2 Classics via cloud based emulation on the PS4 anyone? Probably PS3 Classics too. As long as they charge a "fair" price I think they should keep selling things as long as they want.

However, what gets to me is when you have to pay for the same game many times. Buy it on the PS1, buy the digital version on the PS3, buy the cloud version on the PS4, etc.

And it's not just Sony.

Buy it on the NES, buy the compilation on the GCN, by the virtual console version on the Wii, etc.

It's one thing if they add new content, but a lot of times it's just emulated.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Tell me about it. Having to pay for a game multiple times is the reason I use PCSX2. I can emulate all of my favorite games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-18-2013, 07:00 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Sony will keep milking the cow for what it's worth.

PS2 Classics via cloud based emulation on the PS4 anyone? Probably PS3 Classics too. As long as they charge a "fair" price I think they should keep selling things as long as they want.

However, what gets to me is when you have to pay for the same game many times. Buy it on the PS1, buy the digital version on the PS3, buy the cloud version on the PS4, etc.

And it's not just Sony.

Buy it on the NES, buy the compilation on the GCN, by the virtual console version on the Wii, etc.

It's one thing if they add new content, but a lot of times it's just emulated.
That's what modchips are for Wink
PCSX2 newbie since Feburary 2013 Blush
(10-19-2013, 02:39 AM)KeepBotting Wrote: That's what modchips are for Wink

Modchips can be a pain to install if a screw is stuck and wont come out of the console. I find softmodding to be a better option in a lot of cases.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think PCSX2 has already made it really difficult for Sony to come up with anything new PS2-wise. Plus, it's already too widespread to be sued or whatever.

FYI, PCSX2 is being sold here in our market, with tutorials. I'd like to hear the PCSX2 Team's opinion about this. Some extra info: On the Cover of the disks you can see phrases like "God of War 1: PC Version." It would be bundled with PCSX2 and they sell if for like 1/4 dollar. Fun fact: most of the desktop computers in Syria are incapable of running pcsx2 at all. AT ALL. Fun Fact #2: not so many people can afford a PS2 here, as they're still expensive. The PS2s here are so bad in quality that they'd work for like 4 months max before they start being picky about games, even the legal ones. I myself bought my computer mainly so that I can play PS2 without having to buy a PS2 for the seventh time. I think the only reason why people use PCSX2 illegally is because Sony is ignoring us. I mean, after a hard day's work, one has to choose between buying another exclusively-crappy hardware from Sony (which at this point I consider racist), or pirating games and (ironically) buying PCSX2.
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
(10-19-2013, 01:16 PM)Apathy compleX Wrote: ...The PS2s here are so bad in quality that they'd work for like 4 months max before they start being picky about games, even the legal ones. I myself bought my computer mainly so that I can play PS2 without having to buy a PS2 for the seventh time.

My dead bios donor in the closet is... let's see my fourth or fifth PS2. Here in the states the quality isn't stellar or anything. I bought my first one new and it lasted quite a while. The rest were used and lasted a year at most. One lasted less than a month. Maybe other people don't take as good care of there hardware as me.

I remember my brother wanted to borrow my FFX disc once, I gave him a speech(he is much older than me, At the time I would have been in my late teens early twenties and him in his early forties). When I finally reluctantly turned it over, about 30 minutes later I found his wife using the case as a hard surface to write on a piece of paper with a pen. We actually all got in a fight over it. And he didn't get to borrow my game. A game which I still have without a single blemish on the disc or the case, except her pen squigglies on the case plastic.

It's funny for someone as clumsy and unorganized as me to be so protective of something. For me this disc symbolizes a story I experienced. A happy time in my life. And so it is with many discs.

Back on topic. I agree with saying that one of the reasons people pirate so much is because Sony isn't doing anything about it. The percent of people in America who infringe copyright is astronomical

http://gcn.com/articles/2012/01/05/ameri...ideos.aspx

"About 46 percent of [American] adults say they’ve bought, copied or downloaded pirated music, movies or TV shows, and the number grows to 70 percent for 18-29 year olds, according to a survey by the American Assembly, a public affairs forum affiliated with Columbia University. "

That 18-29 bracket would be where I fall in to just for the record. I'm 29 actually. 70% of people in that bracket ADMIT to some form of copyright infringement.

Some people get sued, and a very few might even go to jail. But it's a drop in the bucket. You are probably more likely to get in a car accident.

All that said, I am not in any way saying "Go out and pirate away, you won't get caught." To be honest I don't give a hoot about the law, and don't live buy it. I have an internal moral code that tells me what is right and wrong. Stealing something is wrong.

Edit: Also from the same article
"...an even greater majority opposes wide-scale distribution of copyrighted material for commercial gain"

Commercial gain being the keyword there. I know a lot of people that think it's okay as long as no one is making money from the pirating. And oh, we've come full circle to the previous post's question, I think.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-18-2013, 03:22 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Oh, I had a thought.

This has not happened to me but:

Let's say you had a bunch of PS2 games, or any other software for that matter. You made ISO backups of the software, but no physical copies. Then all your originals got stolen. Obviously I wouldn't have any moral or ethical problem with using those backups, but would it be legal? If the software is stolen... is the license "stolen"? That's not the right wording but hopefully it makes sense.

Personally, I think it's a grey area for sure, regardless, I do that to my PS2 games as my brother's PS2 is an original model and it ran well until a couple of years ago (dead laser); all of mine are backed up on my HDD. That, some of the discs are scratched up/FUBAR so it's a win-win situation in my book. I don't lend my games to people either, so there's no risk of them getting lost or stolen. The thing is, I don't feel bad even backing up PS2 discs.

All I can say is what people do in their private lives is their business.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio