Question about my specs
Hey guys ive used pcsx2 on previous computers and was able to run certain games good and so forth but im not computer savy when it comes to specs but im looking at a new pc and want to know if this will run pcsx2 at full speed or not.

Large 160GB SATA Hard Drive. Dell Optiplex 745 Tower Computer, Fast and Powerful Intel 3.4GHz Dual Core Processor, 3GB DDR2 High Performance Memory, Large 160GB SATA Hard Drive, DVD/CDRW

Sponsored links

Might play the lighter games , wouldn't expect much out of it let alone full speed the CPU is acceptable but the onboard intel gpu pretty much kills it even it it the one with the Ati x1300 pro it isnt gona do much good either might be better then the on board intel gpu. I would be shocked if it plays many if any at full speed,but I could be wrong
(03-04-2013, 06:35 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: the CPU is acceptable...

Are you really sure?
  • Large 160GB SATA Hard Drive
  • Fast and Powerful Intel 3.4GHz Dual Core Processor (sound like a Pentium D. Current Intel CPUs are not clocked that high)
  • 3GB DDR2 High Performance Memory

I am laughing reading this. Laugh
Man, how you stated the specs is like you'd read from the marketing department or from a seller, not what a geek would look upon Smile

But, that's OK, more important is to know the CPU architecture, modern i3 would be a lot faster than older core duo or even more ancient architectures.

So, yes, Livy is right, there is no way to get the real machine power from that specification, albeit it suggests it "was" a powerful machine at it's time.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yeah i copy and pasted the info on it from the marketing to make it faster
(03-04-2013, 01:53 PM)Livy Wrote: Are you really sure?
  • Large 160GB SATA Hard Drive
  • Fast and Powerful Intel 3.4GHz Dual Core Processor (sound like a Pentium D. Current Intel CPUs are not clocked that high)
  • 3GB DDR2 High Performance Memory

I am laughing reading this. Laugh

yes the cpu is acceptable seeing I played pcsx2 on my old Duo core 8400 just fine, but then I had a 9800gt 1gb and not a onboard gpu or a amd 256 meg gpu. and games ran playable speed just fine