Question about performance
I used PCSX2 a long time ago, back when it wasn't playable.
Is it playable now? According to the compatibility list, the original Kingdom Hearts says playable.
And when I mean playable, I mean as playable as like a PSX emulator - everything works all the way through the game. Just wondering because I don't want to have to replace my 360 on the TV with my old PS2 just to play Kingdom Hearts again (I'm lazy).

I've got an Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB, 4GB RAM, and a Pentium Quad-Core overclocked to 3.0GHz (on a 64-bit OS, if that matters - I know it matters for Dolphin). Could this run it at full speed no problems?

Sponsored links

Yeah, you should be fine with that system. Be sure to grab the latest beta and use the proper plugins and settings. See the guide for instructions on how to set up PCSX2 properly.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
Okay, thanks for a reply that didn't involve "use the search (or google)", that's the answer I was expecting Wink. I already did search and google of course, I wanted a personal answer based on my system.

By "should be fine" do you mean 100% framerate? And I found the guide on here, thanks.
Well considering I get 60Fps almost all the time with my system, with DirectX 10 hardware and 2000x2000 resolutions...I think you will have similar performance. I bet if I lower the internal resolution to 1000x1000, I will be able to run the whole game 60Fps. 2000x2000 is a really high resolution.

You have a slightly faster GPU then me, with the same amount of ram. Anything clocked above 3-3.2Ghz should play nicely on most games in PCSX2. Although you should be able to get decent performance on an AMD line processor, the performance gain from Intel's (what you have) is better.

Depending on which exact CPU you have, you should be able to utilize SSE4.1 and get a nice speedboost. Make sure that your CPU does not overheat with the OC on it. Your computer should be more than enough for Kingdom Hearts, as that specific game is not that demanding.

As for other games, performance will vary on the specific game. Good luck with getting it to work, and if you have questions let us know.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |