Question about the GSDX gui.
The question is, why under the software section, there isĀ a mipmapping option?

Disabled it cause glitch in games that make use of it (Ratchet and Clank for exemple).

Maybe it would be nice to remove the option forĀ disabled mipmapping (more user friendly).

Sponsored links

Mipmapping is required for various games.

If you don't want to use it then just set it to Off.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
maybe I was wrong Smile. I mean, why in gsdx, the mipmapping can be disabled under the software section?
(10-06-2017, 04:15 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: maybe I was wrong Smile. I mean, why in gsdx, the mipmapping can be disabled under the software section?

Because it's accurate to the console, some games don't make use of mipmapping.
(10-06-2017, 04:15 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: maybe I was wrong Smile. I mean, why in gsdx, the mipmapping can be disabled under the software section?

Around the time when I added the option for software mode, there was no decent hardware rendering implementation of mipmapping. So obviously there were various mipmapping issues present in hardware mode, we wanted to identify all those hardware mipmapping issues but how would we go about doing that?

The solution was to add a mipmapping checkbox option for software renderer. If the issue doesn't exist when software mipmapping is enabled and exists when it's disabled, we would classify it as a bug on hardware mipmapping. The option is only there for debugging purpose at the moment, we could maybe remove it later when the hardware mipmapping implementation gets more accurate to software mipmapping.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Mipmapping isn't free neither. Lots of game uses mipmapping but it barely impact graphics quality.