Question about the new version of PCSX2
On Zambezi:

I'm skeptical, but admit that there is potential there. It is wise to consider what changes they've made to typical functionality, and to consider how particular emulating a unique and complex system may fare with these changes. An "Epic Fail" is totally possible. Although, my guess is they'll come up around ~%10 slower than 2nd gen Core i (clock-for-clock). Can't wait to see the real, though. Smile

Also, I understand the "8-core" processors aren't truely 8-core...

Sponsored links

@squall: so you're saying the actual intel cpus will be the better choice for pcsx2, no matter what?

so the l1 cache is very important to pcsx2 and its much faster on intel?

that makes me sad :-(
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Intel has quite simply "got the stuff" when it comes down to it. Well-- the stuff that matters here.
As I understand, AMD has openly stated that they're not in the run for fastest CPU by the clock. Their use of Intel's sets should make that obvious.
AMD's approach is at the aggregate side of things.
(10-11-2011, 09:31 PM)Cyphox Wrote: @squall: so you're saying the actual intel cpus will be the better choice for pcsx2, no matter what?

so the l1 cache is very important to pcsx2 and its much faster on intel?

that makes me sad :-(

Intel has better cache latency, and instruction fetching is more impacted by latency than throughput, which is the direction AMD took with the shared L1 design on Zambezi.

PCSX2 will suffer greatly from a cache miss, which is what will happen when module 1 invalidates the cache but module 2 wants what was there.

worse is i doubt a kernel patch will fix it for an emulator like pcsx2, which has its own way of resource use.
i found out with speedhacks on i got norjmal FPS playing DOC
so now i wonder how to fix the graphic problems tough? i get a blur and the screen flickers when i am not in native mode
Thank you for the patch, I had a weird problem where Vincent's shadow would cover half the screen, and this plug-in fixes it.
Btw, GTX 570 and i2600k run this at 60 fps on 6x native. Don't know why people say this game is hard to emulate.
(06-28-2012, 11:47 PM)sky_dragon Wrote: Thank you for the patch, I had a weird problem where Vincent's shadow would cover half the screen, and this plug-in fixes it.
Btw, GTX 570 and i2600k run this at 60 fps on 6x native. Don't know why people say this game is hard to emulate.

Virtual paleontology: Approved Cool
<REDACTED>
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but i've been trying to get this working and this thread is the only resource I could find on the issue.

When playing this game in anything above native, the left half of the screen has an odd processing issue. On the menu it seems to process washed out colours, in game the skybox is washed out. Its a minor annoyance, but still annoying.

The video here: http://vimeo.com/30273439, links back to this thread which refers to using the custom GSDx binary on the first page, "GSdx-r4734m-FF7_DoC.rar".

I've downloaded these an popped them in the default plugins directory, but when I load PCSX2, I can't see then in the plugins list. I've renamed them to match the standard plugins that came with PCSX2 and still can't see them.

Do I need to use the exact same version of PCSX2 that these custom GSDx were made for, or do something special to get them to load into the app? In this case I would need PCSX2 0.9.9 SVN rev 4866 but I can't find that anywhere.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go