Question about varying performances
(02-09-2009, 08:06 PM)darkt123 Wrote:
(02-09-2009, 08:03 PM)kabooz Wrote: yep you'll need only for state of the art games more than 2Gb ram with vista^^
(besides you can use more than 2Gb with a 64bit OS only)

You mean 3gb? ^^;;

Yeah somwhere there^^ 3,25Gb XD
but 3Gb dualchanneling? nope maybe triplechanneling^^

(02-09-2009, 08:03 PM)pcmanrules Wrote: I find that FFX work's perfectly but sometimes takes all my cpu while entering battles but not during them, Unfortunately the only other game I've tested is Kingdom Hearts, but you defiantly need to play arround with the settings for FFX.

strange your comp should have close to none problems with FFX (maybe slow in the airship cockpit) try the 1.5 speedhack and/or denormals are zero/flush to zero
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try it out.

Thank you.
Hi

I've gotten a hold of Windows 7 Beta (from the windows7.com website).

But before I install anything. Can anyone give me confirmation that I'm going to be able to use directx10 on the system. Because otherwise it will be all for naught.

I can't find any official thread that says what kind of directx, if any, windows 7 carries.

Thank you very much.
Windows 7 has DX9,DX10 and DX11.I'm pretty sure DX10 mode of GSdx works fine with it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Peferct.

I've allready seen it in the forum.

I'll report back, since I'll test the same games. Anyways if darkt123 reads this I would appreaciate if you could post your Xenosaga configuration.

Thanks
GL with windows 7 Smile. make sure to post on the results. Anyways, here's the xenosaga config:

GSDX --> DX10
texture filter ticked
ZeroSPU2 --> realtime ticked
Speedhacks --> x2 cycle rate + enable IOP x2 cycle rate
CPU --> MTGS ticked, FPS limit ticked
Advanced --> under VU recs options: Flush to zero ticked + Denormals are zero ticked, everything else default.

Using this, it should be enough to get xenosaga more than playable. Depending on what internal resolution you use you'll get slowdowns during the dialogues and pseudo cinematics. Make sure to report any findings and I'll work with you to see how fast we can get your setup to run it. In the meantime, I might look into windows 7 as well; everywhere I read it seems it gives a performance boost for everything >.>.
That's great to hear.

And yeah you are right. I'm hearing the same things.

See you.
So I'm reporting back from W7

I have efectively been given a boost to the Xenosaga game I was trying to run

However It will not break the 45 to 50 fps limit, that while playable it is annoying. Other games have started working perfectly like the mentioned SRWs but It is because of the new GSDX (which I'm using) and/or latest beta pcsx2-r478.

I have configured everything as you have told me but the game won't run faster.

G Seed does finally get to 60 fps but I have to use the ZeroGS KOSMO plugin which I don't like as much. All of this I had allready seen in WinXP. But it does run great with W7...

I have two questions:

1) Any idea if I can get bigger speeds for Xenosaga
2) For some reason this forum has answered every question but this one... How do I make Hack Infection run? Because I'm experiencing that bug that crashed all Hack games when logging in, but it was supposedly solved... so?

Hope to hear back from you guys
Xenosaga is one of the most intensive games on PCSX2. My core 2 duo E8400 clocked at 3,7 Ghz has a hard time getting 60 fps,with them going down to 40 alot so I guess you should be pretty happy with the speeds you get atm.
I think that the .dot Hack GU games don't work but the normal .dot Hack ones (not GU) work fine,that's where the confusion lies probably
[Image: newsig.jpg]
HI

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Anyways apparently if I turn up the resolution (yes I know how it sounds) and activate it the full screen it picks up a couple of frames. It's definitely playable. But it's nice to know what you've just told me.

About the Hack games. The game that doesn't work is Hack Infection which was the first hack game to come out. And it crashes the emulator when I try to "log on". I'm sure of it.

So any help would be appreciate it.