Question here
If you're trying to make the image of a disk, specifically a PS2 game, I suggest DVD decrypter. It's so easy to use when you figure it out, it's almost retarded.

NTSC is the code for an american console/game, while PAL is the code for an european one. In case you're wondering, PAL games WON'T work on an NTSC PS2 and vice versa, so be sure to check you PS2's version and the game's version to see if they're compatible. (I'm not really sure about this for the PS2 since the PS3 is region-free, but I've never put a PAL game on my PS2)

If you're going to burn a PS2 game, I recommend IMGburn. One thing you should do in it is go to "set booktype", select your DVD reader's manufacturer, select what type of media the DVD is (DVD RW+, -, ect), and set the booktype to DVD-ROM. This helps the PS2 in the first reading proceedures of the disk.

(Of course, don't do any of this for piracy. I'm not looking to get my nose in trouble here.)

Sponsored links

(04-25-2010, 03:32 AM)OSad Wrote: NTSC is the code for an american console/game, while PAL is the code for an european one. In case you're wondering, PAL games WON'T work on an NTSC PS2 and vice versa, so be sure to check you PS2's version and the game's version to see if they're compatible. (I'm not really sure about this for the PS2 since the PS3 is region-free, but I've never put a PAL game on my PS2)

Too right you arent sure, you just told the guy a load of crap Tongue

You get the swap magic for your console region (although i dont think it matters, just for the sake of the refresh rate on screen) then you can play any game from any region.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

D'aww. Can't get them all right, I guess.

Though this sure is the case for the wii.
Just get the Magic swap version compatible with your PS2's bios just to be sure. Read in the wikipedia that the PS2 has region locks. How ever if you have magic swap or mod chip already you can play any region game now.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard