Question on GPU and Resolution
I was wondering how I can figure out how much I can upscale my resolution in the PCSX2 settings and still play at full speed.

The GPU I have is Radeon RX Vega 64: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6814202326

It says the max resolution is 5210 x 2880.  Since native PS2 resolution is 480, then is that 6x native?  Do I base it off 2880?

If it matters, then my CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8-core processor and installed with 16 gigs of ram.

Any input is appreciated!

Sponsored links

That's display resolution,not scaling(pcsx2 don't use exclusive fullscreen)
PCSX2 set to 12x scaling for example with have the native resolution x12 even if your window is resized to 640x480

Depending on your screen size(inch)above certain resolution you are just making the gpu do extra work with no visible gain.
For example on 17inch screen,I start to not see a difference at 3x and above but the gpu usage skyrockets.
(03-31-2019, 11:24 AM)vsub Wrote: That's display resolution,not scaling(pcsx2 don't use exclusive fullscreen)
PCSX2 set to 12x scaling for example with have the native resolution x12 even if your window is resized to 640x480

Depending on your screen size(inch)above certain resolution you are just making the gpu do extra work with no visible gain.
For example on 17inch screen,I start to not see a difference at 3x and above but the gpu usage skyrockets.

What should I set the internal resolution to for a 55"?
5x most likely but the question is,will the gpu handle it...check the gpu usage in the task manager and the GS in the game window title bar.
Some games and easy to upscale,other are not with increases the gpu usage.

For example Zone of Enders 2 hits my gpu hard when I upscale
(03-31-2019, 12:15 PM)vsub Wrote: 5x most likely but the question is,will the gpu handle it...check the gpu usage in the task manager and the GS in the game window title bar.
Some games and easy to upscale,other are not with increases the gpu usage.

For example Zone of Enders 2 hits my gpu hard when I upscale

What am I looking for exactly for under GPU in task manager?  Utilization?  GPU memory?

What % range should the GS be at?
GS,the closer it is to 100% the worst
In taskmanager,Utilization but still,look at the quality you are getting because you may not see a difference between 4 and 5x for example.
The task manager don't show the gpu core speed