Questions & Performance issues on good build
As recommended i have turn off all the fancy things and set native reults are the same as before still dipping in 40-50 fps i'm sure there has to be some misconfiguratiom on my side or is it really SOTC that demanding even at 480P ??

Also i can't for sake find enable software mode fix for ffx-2 maybe i'm blind already ??

Sponsored links

Emulation Settings -> Manual Gamefixes -> one of the last items: Automatic switch to SW renderer while fmv plays or something like that.

For SotC set EE cycle hack to minimum and VU cycle stealing to maximum.
This is one of the small amount of games that require Vu cycle stealing.
SoTC is demanding, but your CPU should be able to handle it fairly well since it's OC'd to 4.2 GHz. Minor slowdowns could still occur, but not something as drastic as 20 FPS.

Enable the MTVU Speedhack if you haven't already. That should at least help a bit if it's not enabled.

You also mentioned a 'custom driver' for ATI. I would try an official driver just for testing purposes to see if it improves things.
The i5-4670K has AVX2 support btw, so use AVX2 for SW mode (Not the regular AVX, although it's weird that it's giving you errors.)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-29-2015, 02:21 PM)willkuer Wrote: Emulation Settings -> Manual Gamefixes -> one of the last items: Automatic switch to SW renderer while fmv plays or something like that.

For SotC set EE cycle hack to minimum and VU cycle stealing to maximum.
This is one of the small amount of games that require Vu cycle stealing.

Thanks I have tried before the software mode now it's working since i have enabled native resolution before it gave me black screen

I took your advice and set VU cycle to maximum EE to min and it does run all the time 60 fps when i disable limiter it runs 120 fps does not drop but it doesn't run as smooth as before not sure why ? When i set to default it's smoother not sure why ?
(04-29-2015, 02:24 PM)Ryudo Wrote: SoTC is demanding, but your CPU should be able to handle it fairly well since it's OC'd to 4.2 GHz. Minor slowdowns could still occur, but not something as drastic as 20 FPS.

Enable the MTVU Speedhack if you haven't already. That should at least help a bit if it's not enabled.

You also mentioned a 'custom driver' for ATI. I would try an official driver just for testing purposes to see if it improves things.
The i5-4670K has AVX2 support btw, so use AVX2 for SW mode (Not the regular AVX, although it's weird that it's giving you errors.)

Ok thank you

- I will try latest for the radeon but it's kind of old legacy driver for win 7 based on catalyst 13.9

-let me see where's the MTVU speedhack settings is i have different language set i can't find it

- As i have said before i'm not able to select avx or avx2 even my CPU support it reports are that only SSE 4.1 or .4.2 ?? It does show up in the event log as library failed to load means no support ??
(04-29-2015, 02:56 PM)wman Wrote: Ok thank you

- I will try latest for the radeon but it's kind of old legacy driver for win 7 based on catalyst 13.9

-let me see where's the MTVU speedhack settings is i have different language set i can't find it

- As i have said before i'm not able to select avx or avx2 even my CPU support it reports are that only SSE 4.1 or .4.2 ?? It does show up in the event log as library failed to load means no support ??

MTVU: Config>Emulation Settings>Speedhacks tab

As for the CPU supporting AVX2.. I have the same CPU so I can assure you it -does- support it. I never quite figured out why people are getting those errors even though the CPUs clearly support it. All I can think of is that the plugin file itself somehow became corrupted. (Maybe try reinstalling PCSX2 in that case.)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-29-2015, 02:51 PM)wman Wrote: I took your advice and set VU cycle to maximum EE to min and it does run all the time 60 fps when i disable limiter it runs 120 fps does not drop but it doesn't run as smooth as before not sure why ? When i set to default it's smoother not sure why ?

Vu cycle stealing can produce wrong fps readings. So I wouldn't trust these too much.

Also why do you compare smoothness at 120 FPS (aka double speed)? I think it is important to check if it runs smooth at normal speed...
if you prefer smoothness then, disable all the speedhacks. That might give you a more accurate fps reading compared to using VU stealing which, adds to the EE cycle counter whenever a VU related program has been run. which in case, limits the amount of VU functions executed per frame and causes a inaccurate FPS reading.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-29-2015, 03:14 PM)willkuer Wrote: Vu cycle stealing can produce wrong fps readings. So I wouldn't trust these too much.

Also why do you compare smoothness at 120 FPS (aka double speed)? I think it is important to check if it runs smooth at normal speed...

Thanks

You are right about being incorect but w/o limiter it does run in fast motion Smile If that counts

Pardon me i wasn't comparing i was just checking..Again you are right important thing is it running normal speed..

So what now i have tried tricks but i can't figure why i'm not able to run it default ?

(04-29-2015, 04:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: if you prefer smoothness then, disable all the speedhacks. That might give you a more accurate fps reading compared to using VU stealing which, adds to the EE cycle counter whenever a VU related program has been run. which in case, limits the amount of VU functions executed per frame and causes a inaccurate FPS reading.

I took your advice and disabled all the speed hacks and it's smooth as butter but still diping in 40 fps
(04-29-2015, 06:47 PM)wman Wrote: I took your advice and disabled all the speed hacks and it's smooth as butter but still diping in 40 fps
Sotc is quite demanding. you would have to consider overclocking your processor for better fps.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction