Questions Regarding FF XII configurations(IM AT MY WIT'S END)
hi there guys. I need some help regarding FF XII in pcsx2. Ok so its like this.
I just tried playing FF XII with pcsx2 last week and i noticed sometimes the fps drops really bad(30-40 per second) mainly during boss fights and when you fight big enemies like behemoth or something. The FPS is ok when i'm just doing normal battles. My pcsx2 settings are as follows:

RendererLaughirect3D11(Hardware)
Interlacing:Auto
2x Native Resolution
Texture FilteringOhmyff
8-bit texturesOhmyff
Alpha Hack and Agressive CRC Hack ticked.

Speedhacks:
EE CycleRate: Dragged to 2
VU Cycle StealingLaughragged to 2
MTVU hackOhmyff

My Desktop Stats are:
CPU:Intel Core i5-2500 @ 2.70 GHz ~ 2.70 GHz
RAM:8GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450

Please help as i'm at my wit's end trying to configure this thing for the past few daysSad

PS: I'm a newbie. Just started playing pcsx2 last week Happy

Sponsored links

enable mtvu hack and disable vucycle stealing all together

plus use native resolution, that card is to weak to emulate on higher then native resolution (if you want constant fullspeed that is, if you can live with a few slowdowns here and there 2x should be max)
(02-04-2013, 02:04 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: enable mtvu hack and disable vucycle stealing all together

plus use native resolution, that card is to weak to emulate on higher then native resolution (if you want constant fullspeed that is, if you can live with a few slowdowns here and there 2x should be max)

Thanks for the advice. It helped me out a little. Although the graphics aren't as very nice during the native resolution at least it doesnt lag anymore. By the way can you tell me what kind of graphic card i need to emulate a resolution higher than the original ps2 resolution?
(02-04-2013, 05:49 PM)Soulhunterzz Wrote: Thanks for the advice. It helped me out a little. Although the graphics aren't as very nice during the native resolution at least it doesnt lag anymore. By the way can you tell me what kind of graphic card i need to emulate a resolution higher than the original ps2 resolution?

depent on your budget really.

a gtx 550ti, gtx 560 etc, amd 7750 and up can handle it quite nicely
Ah ok then..thanks for the advice. Guess I'll need to save up my budget for a new graphics card Biggrin. One more question, will i be able to run other games like star ocean 3 with this kind of graphics?
(02-05-2013, 09:28 AM)Soulhunterzz Wrote: Ah ok then..thanks for the advice. Guess I'll need to save up my budget for a new graphics card Biggrin. One more question, will i be able to run other games like star ocean 3 with this kind of graphics?

jup