Questions about Mercs POD
Says on the wiki it is CPU intensive, under my system can it run fine?

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor

32 GB of RAM

Radeon RX 470

I also would like to run a capture card which I have running, would that affect things?

Sponsored links

Base frequency of your CPU is 3.0 GHz.

Game will start and will work for sure. However, it is possible will be not at full speed (or there will be drawdowns of speed in some places, and not throughout the game). In this case:

1) Turn on all speedhacks except EE Cyclerate, EE Cycle Skipping and Fast CDVD.

2) Use hardware rendering mode, even if you want play in original resolution, because in this cause part of CPU load will be transferred to GPU. However, this type of load's redirecting can cause a drop in frame rate more than rendering only on the CPU, so turn it on only if it does not cause a drop in speed.

And of course, these tricks do not guarantee 100% game speed throughout its entire length. But without them, the speed will be even lower.

About the capture card - it records video by its own hardware or with the help of a central processor?
(05-29-2020, 04:20 AM)ANd93ml Wrote: Base frequency of your CPU is 3.0 GHz.

Game will start and will work for sure. However, it is possible will be not at full speed (or there will be drawdowns of speed in some places, and not throughout the game). In this case:

1) Turn on all speedhacks except EE Cyclerate, EE Cycle Skipping and Fast CDVD.

2) Use hardware rendering mode, even if you want play in original resolution, because in this cause part of CPU load will be transferred to GPU. However, this type of load's redirecting can cause a drop in frame rate more than rendering only on the CPU, so turn it on only if it does not cause a drop in speed.

And of course, these tricks do not guarantee 100% game speed throughout its entire length. But without them, the speed will be even lower.

About the capture card - it records video by its own hardware or with the help of a central processor?

My capture card is an El Gato.
(05-29-2020, 04:38 AM)Warhawk8492 Wrote: My capture card is an El Gato.

If that "ELGATO GAME CAPTURE HD60 PRO" then it should record video using hardware H.264 codec (if you don't change this setting) - that is: load of CPU, especially multi-core, should be minimal. I mean, it should not take up processor time in such a quantity that its performance in other programs drops much.
CPU str->1984.
so it should run fine with some minor slowdowns
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go