Questions about PCSX2
I just have a few questions to ask about PCSX2. My first is,
will the microvu hack turned on has better impact on the SW renderer than the HW renderer?
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS

Sponsored links

i think the GS and VU are more or less separated.

But the GS in SW-mode can use more than one thread. So if you are using more threads than your cpu can handle I would expect to see a difference between using or not using mtvu
(03-31-2014, 02:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: i think the GS and VU are more or less separated.

But the GS in SW-mode can use more than one thread. So if you are using more threads than your cpu can handle I would expect to see a difference between using or not using mtvu

I second that answer.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
(03-31-2014, 02:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: i think the GS and VU are more or less separated.

can VU in software mode use more than one thread? or only graphics sythesizer
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
I believe the threads in HW mode are split like this.

1. EE and VU0
2. GS
3. VU1
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
In HW mode, EE/VU0/VU1 is it's own thread. GS is it'sown thread. MTVU hack moves off VU1, so it becomes EE/VU0, GS, then VU1.

In SW mode, all the work moves to the cpu, and GS% typically will max out. You can add extra rendering threads in SW mode to lighten the load on the GS, thereby increasing fps. But Linux version seems to not respond to extra rendering threads in SW mode, so fps does not increase.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

MTVU is only useful if the EE thread is overloaded. If the GS thread is too slow, speed will be limited.

"the speed of a chain is the speed of the slowest element"
i think i found a way to make stuff faster. so if the mtvu hack works and allows to use 3 threads on pcsx2 linux, than you could have a supervu recompiler set for VU1 to increase some speed. and microvu or interpreter set for other
Specifications:

Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS
To make PCSX2 globally faster you need to make GS plugin faster (Note I advice you to play in native resolution). Once GS will be faster, you will be able to enable the MTVU hack. If tommorow they're is an option to make the core thread 2 times faster, fps will stay the same because of the slow GS plugin.