Questions about fps improvement.
So in this one game i was getting lag and 50 fps but it seemed like 20 and i had speedhacks on, albeit not very many on.
But then i turned them all off i got 60fps and went smoother?

Anyway i'm trying to play uzumaki chronicles 2 and i get 50fps. idk if it's the fps or lag that makes the game seem a bit slow and it has lag spikes more than i'm ok with.
I've set the speedhacks preset to safest meaning most if not all speedhacks are off and nothing really changed. Then i put on high speedhacks and again, nothing changed except got an extra 4 fps but only for a few seconds then it went back to how it was. How can i increase fps?

My specs
gt 730 gddr3
8gb ram total
amd fx 8300 vishera 8 core

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AMD cpu can't handle that load
the first things is to try is enabling 8-bit textures on the GSdx settings and the speedhack's preset level at 3-balanced.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Just as smartstrike said...your CPU has a Single Thread Performance of 1397. They recommend a minimum of 1600, and over 2000 for more demanding games. Your CPU really isn't powerful enough to run most games with pcsx2
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM