Questions about some errors...
First off, Hi, I'm new to the forums and entirely new to PS2 emulation, though I've been emulating PSX games for awhile now. Secondly, I'm sorry if this was posted elsewhere; I read the FAQ and searched the site before I decided to ask.

Alright, I just got my first .ISO to try with the Pcsx2, a FF X one. It loads alright, though it is fairly slow and there is some strange ghosting in the opening cinematic. However, I have really gotten much past there, because I keep getting strange errors that I end up shutting down the game to try to tinker with.

When I first load up everything, it gives me 4 messages in red, telling me there was a "Plugin load failure", showing the folders my pcsx2 is saved in, and ending with each problematic plugin:

DEV9giga_razi.dll
SPU2ghz.dll
ZeroGSogl 0.96.7.dll
ZeroPAD.dll

and finally, each ends with "SysLibError Message: <NULL>".

The other issue I'm having, while less noticeable, is simply a yellow message that pops up periodically as I'm watching the opening FF cinematic that says
"GIF Warning > Soft reset requested, but the GS plugin doesn't support it!"

Can anyone explain what's going on, and how to fix it? Help much appreciated!

Sponsored links

You need to post your Pc specs, then people can help you Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
and the version of pcsx2 and plugins that you are using Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Happy to! Lets see...

Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT
Processor: Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz Quadcore, overclocked to 2.7GHz
Ram: 3GB
Currently running Vista, w/ Directx10

Erm...anything else important?

I'm using the most recent person of pcsx2, I think...2.09.6?

Ok, here's the list of plugins currently in my plugins folder:

cdvdGigaherz.dll
CDVDiso.dll
CDVDnull.dll
cvdPeops.dll
DEV9giga_razi.dll
DEV9null.dll
FWnull.dll
GSdx9.dll
GSdx-sse2.dll
GSdx-sse4.dll
GSdx-sse3.dll
LilyPad.dll
PadSSSPSX.cfg
PadSSSPSX.dll
SPU2ghz.dll
SPU2null.dll
spu2PeopsSound.dll
SPU2-X-1.1.dll
USBnull.dll
USBqemu.dll
ZeroGS.dll
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.95.2 sse2.dll
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97 nonsse2.dll
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.dll
ZeroGSogl 0.96.7.dll
ZeroPAD.dll
ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
ZerpSPU2.dll

I don't think all of those should be there...ya see, when we started having the plugin issues, I thought maybe I was missing some, so I transfered plugins from a friend, only to realize he was using an older version. I kept all the ones I had, but now I have that above mess...
euw, here's the ones you have to get rid of Smile

(06-15-2009, 07:02 AM)TheBard Wrote: DEV9giga_razi.dll
GSdx9.dll
USBqemu.dll
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.dll
ZeroGSogl 0.96.7.dll
ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
Windows 7 64bit

(06-15-2009, 07:08 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: euw, here's the ones you have to get rid of Smile

(06-15-2009, 07:02 AM)TheBard Wrote: DEV9giga_razi.dll
GSdx9.dll
USBqemu.dll
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.dll
ZeroGSogl 0.96.7.dll
ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll

Well, I tried that! First, are you sure I should get rid of GSdx9.dll? When I tried that, and first loaded pcsx2, it gave me a popup window saying it couldnt load my GSdx, and kinda freaked out on me. When I stuck that file back in, but none of the others, it went away.

Now, the positive! Getting rid of all that crap did get rid of two of my red error messages! Now, I'm getting (of course, the same beginning parts as before) errors about "SPU2ghz.dll" and "ZeroPAD.dll", as well as the same
"GIF Warning > Soft reset requested, but the GS plugin doesn't support it!" message when I load my iso.
(06-15-2009, 07:38 AM)TheBard Wrote: Well, I tried that! First, are you sure I should get rid of GSdx9.dll? When I tried that, and first loaded pcsx2, it gave me a popup window saying it couldnt load my GSdx, and kinda freaked out on me. When I stuck that file back in, but none of the others, it went away.
aah found your culprit Smile, you shouldn't use that version of gsdx, that version is very old, use one of the other Gsdx SSE4>SSSE3>SSE2 ones Smile, then you can delete the gsdx9.dll Smile
Windows 7 64bit

Awesome, that fixed the little popup window, and gave me a whole slew of new options to tinker with, thanks!

However, I am still getting the odd red error message about my ZeroPAD.dll and SPU2ghz.dll files, both of which are definitely in my plugins folder...why those two, what could that do, and how do I fix it?
well delete them also if you'd like Smile (ZeroPAD is just another pad plugin, and SPU2ghz is another sound plugin Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit

(06-15-2009, 08:33 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: well delete them also if you'd like Smile (ZeroPAD is just another pad plugin, and SPU2ghz is another sound plugin Tongue)

O.O Really? That won't cause problems or anything? Just makes me nervous, I guess...but you seem like someone who knows what he's talking about, guessing by your posts, stars, and general forum status (been reading around...)