Questions about threading and cores
on my pc that has an i3 intel cpu core, it says that it has 4 cores but my manufacturer told me that they are not acually separated threads but it is hyper threading but does that mean i can still use more than 1 thread cuz i can use MTUV speed hack and i still get a good speedup but when in software mode WITHOUT MTUV speed hack i tried increasing extra threads but did not even get 1 extra fps even with 1-3 extra threads.

Can someone explain ?

Sponsored links

the I3 has 2 Cores, and 4 threads ( 2 threads for each core) , so hyperthreading is kinda troublesome with games since they are shared on the same core. (so when you are using mtvu ..etc its basically just adding more stress to a already fully loaded core).

MTVU speed hack is really only helpful on quad core (4 core) processors.
(07-02-2012, 06:31 AM)hyakki Wrote: the I3 has 2 Cores, and 4 threads ( 2 threads for each core) , so hyperthreading is kinda troublesome with games since they are shared on the same core. (so when you are using mtvu ..etc its basically just adding more stress to a already fully loaded core).

Thanks but im getting a pretty big speedup of 20fps which is very good but if u say a quad core would work better then i could get 30-40 fps speedup
But thanks for answering my question
(07-02-2012, 06:31 AM)hyakki Wrote: the I3 has 2 Cores, and 4 threads ( 2 threads for each core) , so hyperthreading is kinda troublesome with games since they are shared on the same core. (so when you are using mtvu ..etc its basically just adding more stress to a already fully loaded core).

How about laptop's i5, for example like mine?

It also have 2C and 4T, does it comparable against i3?

But yes, MTVU seriously helps....
I think with laptops the only difference i can think with the i3 and i5 is the size of the cache and possibly clock speed
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]