Questions regarding lots of games :)
Smile 
Well, I got around to ripping almost all of my game collection into ISOs, and while some work flawlessly (Persona 4, FFXII, Odin Sphere, Shadow Hearts 3, SMT: Nocturne), and some less flawlessly (Magic Pengel, Okami has slowdown), a few games have some weird bugs that I hope people here have fixes for Smile I'm suing the latest beta r1888, and all the plugins that come with it

Maximo vs Army of Zin - Graphics are weird in gsdx, with some kind of shadowy effect hovering over Maximo during gameplay. The screen also seems 'too dark.' Speed is good however, with only minor FPS hiccups. It works too slow on ZeroGS for me.

Dark Cloud 2 - slowdowns on cutscenes, down to 35-40 FPS, even with all speedhacks on. Tried to turn down the internal res, but sill no dice.

Rogue Galaxy - Also with slowdown to about 35-45 FPS.

ICO - keep getting a blank screen. So far the only game I haven't gotten ingame.

Anyone have tips to make these babies work? Thanks! Laugh I'm on a PS2-playing high lol

P.S. I'm planning to buy Steambot Chronicles from my old buddy, any idea how that would work? Is it playable with the latest beta?

Sponsored links

try not only the GSDX Plugin try ZeroGs works for me on FFX
(01-29-2010, 03:49 AM)Natedogg20050 Wrote: try not only the GSDX Plugin try ZeroGs works for me on FFX

FFX works fine on GSDX
E7300 - HIS HD4670 - 2GB RAM

.Hack//GU vol 1-3 [beaten]
FFXII [beaten]
Ar Tonelico II [cloche's route beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
VP Silmeria - 5 minutes lol
BUMP. Managed to make Rogue Galaxy playable, I tinkered with speedhacks and internal res.]

More important question: Is it fully playable? I've heard of a particular crash that happens at Chapter 7, is that true?

EDIT: Crap, I just got a crash. Happened in the first area, just before the first boss. The crash seemed random, but always seemed to happen when I fight the cactus and armor enemies. Any idea what is causing this? And any fixes?
Your crash is only when steve try the power attack.
The best way to get around this is to take control of him and let the other characters break the armor of the foes or do an enhancing spell with break armor on steve and, with control of steve, do a regular attack.
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss
@Shura
Oh okay, thanks for the heads-up! But aside from that, no other crashes? Can i finish the game?
ICO doesn't like the skip BIOS hack, so start it via run>execute. Also it needs the EE and VU clamp options set to extra (fixes a crash and a camera bug).
The games you get slowdowns in are very demanding, so most likely your computer just isn't fast enough for them.
Yes, you can finish the game without other crashes and even do the phantom ship side quest and hunting.
If you have the black screen in chapter 7, use the toxic dl patcher. And to the crash I talked to you earlier, only steve power attack crash the emu, no other did.
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss
Thanks guys! I guess it's time to play Rogue Galaxy with no worries Smile