Questions regarding the Ace Combat games..
I'm a huge Ace Combat fan, Ace combat 4,5,zero were among my top 5 favorite ps2 games.

Now I realize that according to the Compatibility list and the Wiki, it's said that Ace Combat Zero can only go in game, but according to no collision detection, the game is unplayable (besides having buggy graphics and low fps). I'm just wondering if there's been any update regarding that issue, since PCSx2 has evolved a lot and the most recent threads I could find were from around 6 months ago (or I just suck at searching).

Now onto AC5.

Issue #1 (an inconvenience): I'm playing the game on an ISO and it runs smooth overall, however during certain sections the game slows down and the sound goes ahead. This happens especially in most cutscenes and briefing, and in the game when there's usually a lot of textures (like above your airfield in Mission 4, around the city and gulf area in Mission 3, etc). I'm wondering if there's any fix for the slow downs?

Issue #2 (an inconvenience): The ground texture is messed up. Usually the ones that are a bit ahead of me, because if I look directly down, it's mostly fine. Not a huge deal, I can live with it, but you know, might as well include and ask if anyone has a solution.

Issue #3 (game-breaking): This one's an odd one because I couldn't find many threads regarding AC5 that said the same thing happened to them. I'm playing the game from the beginning on campaign (however I did download a 100% save), and up until Mission 6(White Bird Part 1, the one where you're launching something into space for the Arkbird), outside of the slowdowns and the messy ground textures, the game was overall okay. However, on this mission, after I cleared the first objective (destroy all the tanks landing), and wiping out every single enemy in the area, the game objective didn't update, so the timer just keeps ticking down and I'm flying around with nothing happening. I do have a 100% save so I can skip past the mission and just play on Free Mission mode, but I was wondering if it's fixable?

**EDIT: Went back before I posted this thread to make sure I got everything right, mission updated this time. Guess I'll just restart if it happens.

PS. I have the 6 evenly distributed vertical lines across the screen as well, but I'll live with that. Tongue

My PC specs:
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia Geforce GTX 580
12 GB RAM
Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.67 GHz (Not overclocked because SoTC ran fine without it Tongue)

Config (For AC5):
EE Cycle: 2
VU Cycle: 2
Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware), Software dropped
Resolution: 3x Native
No HW Hacks
MTVU didn't seem to affect the game.

Sponsored links

Issue 1: Disable speedhacks, they cause desync
Issue 2: Solved with software mode, it will never be fixed properly with hardware mode, although i believe there is a patch floating around to sort this.
Issue 2 (again apparently Tongue): I have heard about this. What version of PCSX2 are you using? many of the recent builds have patches to solve most of the issues with these games.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-25-2014, 08:00 PM)refraction Wrote: Issue 1: Disable speedhacks, they cause desync
Issue 2: Solved with software mode, it will never be fixed properly with hardware mode, although i believe there is a patch floating around to sort this.
Issue 2 (again apparently Tongue): I have heard about this. What version of PCSX2 are you using? many of the recent builds have patches to solve most of the issues with these games.

Fail. Sorry, Issue numero tres,fixed Tongue

I'm not exactly sure if I can run this on software mode. Every time I do, the game lags terribly. Any idea where to find the patch, if it exists?

As for the game breaking one, I'm using Revision 5818. Pretty recent.

Edit: Thanks, disabling speed hacks seems to have stopped the slow downs. Glad that annoyance is gone.
I thought you said issue 3 was fixed? confused Tongue

If you go in to the gsdx config and set the "Extra rendering threads" at the bottom to 3, however overclocking might be required for the speed. my i7 920 did a no brainer overclock to 3.4Ghz with ease, i could even drop the voltage to 1.2 Tongue.

Hmm yeh it should be in 5818.. I'd need to know your serial number (the SL#S code) to confirm it.

(01-25-2014, 09:07 PM)refraction Wrote: I thought you said issue 3 was fixed? confused Tongue

If you go in to the gsdx config and set the "Extra rendering threads" at the bottom to 3, however overclocking might be required for the speed. my i7 920 did a no brainer overclock to 3.4Ghz with ease, i could even drop the voltage to 1.2 Tongue.

Hmm yeh it should be in 5818.. I'd need to know your serial number (the SL#S code) to confirm it.

The slowdowns have been fixed, the ground is still glitchy, but the Objective not updating fixed itself somehow. Re-attempting the mission got me past the objective.. Somehow. So far that problem hasn't come up again. How can I get the serial number?

Edit: Changed the render thread to 3, attempted Software mode with no overclock, I get about 35 Frames, but it does fix the ground as you said. I'm not sure how or how much I should overlock. Can I use MSI Afterburner to do it?

PS. Do you know if Zero is playable now? Any update on it? It's my second favorite Ace Combat game Sad
MSI Afterburner does GPU overclocking not CPU. Go in to your BIOS, drop your memory multiplier down one, then bump your BCLK up to, i think it was 170mhz, that should do it.

You can get the serial number either from the top of the console window when you run the game or by looking on the spine of the games box.

When you have Ace combat zero,you can test only to look,because in this moment still In Menu status in the list.
(01-25-2014, 10:14 PM)DESTRUIDOR Wrote: When you have Ace combat zero,you can test only to look,because in this moment still In Menu status in the list.

No it isn't http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ace-Comba...ombat+zero

Yes....,but someone failed in the site....Ace Combat Zero - The Belkan War SLUS21346,look in the site,not click here,many persons sometime not click in the settings,only look for the GREEN,or others colors.
You realize the compatibility list on the site is pulled from these forums, right?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD