Quick Hello and a Quick Question
Hello people.
Just a quick hello and a quick question. 
So hello! been using PCSX2 for about a year and a half and I have had to go get another 4TB drive for my collection of PS2 games -_-.

Right now onto my question... I want to speed up the actual in game speed if that makes sense, I lost my Persona 4 saves and I have logged over 500 hours on it so I have a hell of a lot to do. So can it be done?
My rig can handle it I know that for sure, I7 4790K OC'ed to 4.7GHz, 16GB 3000Mhz memory and an R9 290X 8GB

Cheers guys!

Sponsored links

Use TAB or F4.

TAB will engage turbo mode and the game will run at 200% speed(or whatever you set in Config->emulation settings->GS->Turbo Adjust)
F4 removes the limiter altogether and the game will run at the max speed your rig can run it at.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote: I want to speed up the actual in game speed if that makes sense

I think he wants to speed up the FPS not the VPS. In that case, I'd suggest increasing your EE cyclerate. though do note that it'd make the game much more demanding.
if you are using a recent version of the emulator, like a new build or 1.4.0, I'd suggest turning the EE cyclerate down to -2 and the VU's down to 0, as well as speedhack in game fixes and Clamping mode and Round mode both on Normal and Chop/Zero for both the EE/IOP's and the VU's. Oh and make sure the resolution is native since upscaling can cause glitches and slow down, argh and go into HW Hacks in the plugin settings and turn on Aplha, Aplha stencil and Half Pixel Offset that will fix your shadows AND play in hardware mode....it's always faster.
(02-16-2016, 05:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: I think he wants to speed up the FPS not the VPS. In that case, I'd suggest increasing your EE cyclerate. though do note that it'd make the game much more demanding.

I disagree.

His reason for wanting to "speed it up" is that he lost a save and it will take a long time to redo the work. So I think he wants the VPS faster so he can complete more things in less time.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Or click enable Disable Frame limiting on Emu Settings