Quick Question
Wow, I didn't think I'd get all these replies; thank you.

In my opinion, especially in regards to the heat, I feel more comfortable sticking with the i5; I don't want to push an i7, especially quad core at that, too hard and then end up depreciating the life of my machine.

Obviously I'm not very PCSX2 savvy if I'm posting in this laptop, so I don't know if Livy's or abdo123's comment holds more truth but I appreciate both of them.

But the main point is this: The software isn't going to get harder to run and the emulator is only going to get better. If I can run a good majority of games on a decent framerate with an i5 then I'm happy; it future-proofs itself.

PS: I've written down a list of the games I was wanting to try out (Didn't write it for this thread, had it for when I go back to campus): Persona 4, Odin Sphere, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy XII, and Star Ocean 3 (Which I just checked and all are green on the compatibility list BUT obviously I don't know how well it will run).

Sponsored links

(07-24-2012, 09:25 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Man, all this new stuff coming out made my computer old news faster than I thought it would. I feel disappointed Sad

No problem -I'm in the same boat sadly but despite my old computer I can still run all the games I want PCSX2 and I still have money to pay for food (thats more then some people here can say ^_^).

EDIT...

But the main point is this: The software isn't going to get harder to run and the emulator is only going to get better. If I can run a good majority of games on a decent framerate with an i5 then I'm happy; it future-proofs itself.

Usually the newer the SVN (build or whatever you want to call it) gets better in sped and thankfully not worse...