Quick question about Shadow Hearts
Hi All,

I have a pretty powerful rig so speed isn't my issue but having the game crash or freeze really harshes my mellow Smile

I have set EE Clamping to Full to eliminate the known issue of disappearing actors on certain maps, but are there any other side effects of this. I only ask because when I get the plane early in the game I cannot get past the dialog. The game does not freeze, it just refuses to go past that dialog like the controller doesn't work. If I disable full clamping, the problem goes away.

Are there any additional known issues about full clamping? If so, I will just deal with the invisible ppl. It makes me feel sneaky Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit

Sponsored links

Just use GSDX software mode since HW mode hardly look better anyway.
Full clamping provides higher compatibility and less speed. So it doesn't cause additional bugs over normal clamping
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hmmm,

I must need to redump then. Thanks for your input Bositman.
Windows 10 64-bit
Hm wait I just re-read your post, so full clamping gets it stuck there? That shouldn't happen... If you're using the Europe region of the game, maybe post a memory card save so i can check it out
It's normal for full clamping to break stuff.
Basically all the modes that aren't the defaults (clamp and rounding both) have a high tendency to break something.
Very importantly: Even if the clamping is set stricter, this doesn't mean 'better'. It's just clamping more.

As far as I know this game has just one screen with disappearing people, so best leave all recompiler settings at their default.
0_o really? I thought full clamping broke stuff extremely rarely (or not at all)
(08-30-2012, 06:59 PM)rama Wrote: It's normal for full clamping to break stuff.
Basically all the modes that aren't the defaults (clamp and rounding both) have a high tendency to break something.
Very importantly: Even if the clamping is set stricter, this doesn't mean 'better'. It's just clamping more.

As far as I know this game has just one screen with disappearing people, so best leave all recompiler settings at their default.

I don't remember any when I played it, maybe I completely missed it?
I have the NTSC (US) version of the game, so a save would not be possible Bositman. rama's explanation would make sense because defaulting clamping mode makes the issue go away. I will just live with the invisible folks. It really isnt a big deal to be honest. Plus redumping my games is soooo slow and thus, sucks. So this saves me time.

Thanks for all of your expert help Bositman and rama!
Windows 10 64-bit
Send bositman your Ntsc save file Smile
It is possible.
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz