Quickest way to add new CRC for existing hack?
Well if you use the patcher I made and just unpack it to plugins directory to run from there to make it easier, there are just few variables you need to set once, assuming your new crc is "90CAA109"(well I have no clue what's your new crc, assuming it's the one you posted;P, if it's different, edit it to your need, you'll find your new crc in PCSX2 log when you run modified game if that isn't clear), the ini file should look like:
Code:
GSdx filename: --Change the name to gsdx you wish to patch
GSdx32-SSE2.dll
Patched GSdx Filename:
GSdx32-SSE2patchedCRC.dll
PCSX2 plugins directory: --ie 'C:\PCSX2\plugins\' set to 'false' if you want the trainer to use current directory
false
CRC's to change: --format should be ExistingCRC/NewCRC without spaces etc.(example 0x2113EA2E/0x2113EA2E)
0x901AAC09/0x90CAA109
You'll probably also want to change GSdx filename, probably to GSdx32-SSE4.dll or GSdx32-AVX.dll considering you have i5.;3

If you want to run the patcher from different directory, you'll also want to set it in this file, but generally once you set all of this to your needs, each time you update GSdx, you'll simply have to re-run this to get your modified crc's inside. The patcher will not inform you about anything unless it fails couse ie when you forget to set something from above;], can take few seconds to patch, couse it ensures to patch the correct line and nothing else, and will silently create the modified gsdx with the filename you choosen when successful.

Edit: I'll be glad to find a way to write all of this as easy as it could be;P, couse I have no experience in things like tutorials for newbies, and I guess I can at times complicate more with my words than I explain xD...

Sponsored links

Oh wow I somehow missed like 10 replies to this thread!

Great work with the patcher. Sadly I probably won't make much use of it since I update maybe once every hundred revisions... I tend to use savestates more than save points Happy
(07-04-2012, 10:24 PM)strider3871 Wrote: Synce,
so you get the Haunting Ground in widescreen mode via ELF without the graphical glitch now? Could you explain what you did?

Sorry, tried to understand Miseru's explanation but I'm still not sure what to do...

So... I need to hex-edit the GSdx32-AVX-r5322.dll (the one that I'm using) correct?
The Haunting Ground CRC is 901AAC09
So basically according to Miseru I need to flip it to
90CAA109?

But I couldn't find that... could you help? What do I have to find and replace? Thanks in advance Smile

you flipped every digit individually:

12345678 -> 87654321
901AAC09 -> 90CAA109

but you have to flip them in pairs like this:

11223344 -> 44332211
901AAC09 -> 09AC1A90 (<- should be the correct crc)
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Oh lols;P I didn't notice it was the original flipped like that, through it's his new crc and differs just slight bit in the center. >.<
@Miseru99, @Zero29:

Thanks for all the help, people Smile
Haunting Ground now works without graphical glitch in modified elf mode.

Old CRC: 0x901AAC09
New CRC: 0xAE9A554B (I was wrong about this earlier, I thought I only had to flip some numbers...thanks for the notice, Miseru).

I have another question:
Is it safe to use the patched Gsdx for the rest of the titles (the titles that don't have problems or have to be run via elf to accomplish widescreen), or is it special for Haunting Ground only?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
;3 If you used my patcher or patched manually just one adress that worked then yeah, it'll not differ at all for any other games. It'll be exactly same as you would change those CRC's in the source code and then compiled it. It's just faster/less bothersome/doesn't require all the tools one would need to build gsdx from the source.

And if you would be doing it manually you would have to flip the numbers, but bytes, not bits like you did(each byte = 2 bits which mean you have to flip it in pairs just like zero29 shown or as my initial example was showing as well), ie. flip 901AAC09 to 09AC1A90 and find this in GSdx.dll, then flip the new AE9A554B to 4B559AAE and place that in it's place. Thought my initial example was clear with that and my bad I actually confused your other crc as "new" one when replying @_@.

Anyway when using patcher you don't have to do any of it, that's why I written it I guess. If you would have to add more games crc's to patch, just add to next lines, no need to replace the one you have there, it's main feature over manual hex editing is exactly that it can patch many crc's from the list, instead of going one by one each time.
That patcher is really coming in handy now that I've amassed so many elf hacks Blush No issues here, athough at first I forgot to add 0x before the CRC's (10 minutes wasted there lol) Linked you in my patch post
Good to know the idea wasn't completely useless(well for me it wouldn't be anyway, couse I learnt a few tricks doing it;P).

The 0x wasn't really any needed addition, I only made it like that soo people remember to put 0x before hexadecimal numbers to keep some standards;P. Hope you used a version that at least told you it's wrong;3, couse I updated that patcher at least like 3 times, the one that's there currently shouldn't have any bugs and should additionally show error message with some info to remind what wasn't set(in your case when you forgot to add 0x, it would tell you the problem lies in crc list).
hello guy, i need a little help here, im using the gsdx32-sse2-r5350 graphic plugin and i hav this weird graphical problem in haunting groun when i put the widescreen hack (using HxD hex editor on my ELF file)
image:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1876/asdnx.png
i dont know what to do, can someone help me? i dont understand this edditing thing D:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1: make your own thread, this has nothing to do with the original post.
2: reported for necro