Quickest way to add new CRC for existing hack?
Is there a simpler alternative to dynacrc. I know nothing about compiling Smile The only way to patch Haunting Ground/Demento for widescreen is through the elf, which changes the crc and disables the current hack. Probably some other games will be affected too

Sponsored links

Not currently. However, the dynacrc thingy also currently requires a special build of gsdx.
miseru99 gave me a patch ( didn't test it though )

i will look for it

ahh here it is :

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/2971422...4840.patch

from this thread :

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Devil-May...ot-working
Abdo123, your post is off topic.

As for the subject of this post, normally, if it's a CRC which we still don't have on our list, then just posting it at the forum would be enough, and we'll add it.

However, since we're talking here about patched elfs, this probably shouldn't go into the permanent list, and so, it would indeed be useful to be able to add crcs without recompiling gsdx (as long as gsdx already has another crc of this game). I'll try to find a solution for this. Also, the dynacrc hacks currently requires a modified gsdx, which is also something I'm reconsidering.

But still, right now, recompiling gsdx to include the new crc is the best option (or asking someone who can compile gsdx to do that for you).
If you really want it, I can build custom gsdx for you.
Give me the CRC value (on console print pcsx2) from your ELF patched version.
and game ID too (US/EU)
(06-28-2012, 04:30 PM)avih Wrote: Abdo123, your post is off topic.

As for the subject of this post, normally, if it's a CRC which we still don't have on our list, then just posting it at the forum would be enough, and we'll add it.

However, since we're talking here about patched elfs, this probably shouldn't go into the permanent list, and so, it would indeed be useful to be able to add crcs without recompiling gsdx (as long as gsdx already has another crc of this game). I'll try to find a solution for this. Also, the dynacrc hacks currently requires a modified gsdx, which is also something I'm reconsidering.

But still, right now, recompiling gsdx to include the new crc is the best option (or asking someone who can compile gsdx to do that for you).

how is this Off-topic and the patch suppose to ADD the CRC ?????
(06-28-2012, 05:09 PM)abdo123 Wrote: how is this Off-topic and the patch suppose to ADD the CRC ?????

Because he asked about adding crc withOUT patching and recompiling gsdx.

Also, I've reconsidered my first suggestion to allow adding CRCs without patching gsdx. I don't think its a good idea, since IMO people will use this method instead of posting their CRCs at the forum, which will overall hurt our effort to maintain pcsx2's crc list for the benefit of all users. However, I'm willing to hear counter arguments for this issue.

Maybe adding CRCs of patched elfs to our list IS the way to go?
(06-28-2012, 05:12 PM)avih Wrote: Because he asked about adding crc withOUT patching and recompiling gsdx.

Also, I've reconsidered my first suggestion to allow adding CRCs without patching gsdx. I don't think its a good idea, since IMO people will use this method instead of posting their CRCs at the forum, which will overall hurt our effort to maintain pcsx2's crc list for the benefit of all users. However, I'm willing to hear counter arguments for this issue.

there is no way other than patching if he wont compile Tongue

anyway he didn't say anything about a patch

if it's OK or not he just don't want to compile it Wink
I guess there's an easier way that nobody posted here, just hexedit the GSdx.dll you're using, find your unpatched game CRC and change to patched one. Just remember you have to swap bytes ie if your game CRC would be:
Code:
0x12345678
you actually must search for:
Code:
while hex editing GSdx.dll to find it. Ofc swap your current game crc to change it as well.
No need for building custom version nor adding it as a new feature.
Smile nice one miseru99!
Next step would be to write a lua script to do that without reversing the byte order? Wink