RIGHT to expect 60 fps on PCSX2
The emulator also always reports 50/60fps even if the true fps of the game is 25-30fps. So to get an authentic feeling experience, it should always report 50/60fps (depending on if it's a PAL game or NTSC)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(07-29-2017, 01:18 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: Games on the original PS2 play at either 50fps or 60fps depending on region. I don't think frame drops were a problem back then? Not as far as I can remember anyway. However a 50fps game can be made to play at 60fps on PCSX2. What point are you even trying to make anyway?

When you play a game, and framedrop occurs, how do you know, what causes it - bad optimization of a game or weakness of your hardware? Then, you wrote about it in the forum - consider upgrade by adviseings? If this is useless, as in the case of not getting constant fps on SEGA Gen/MD emulator?
(07-29-2017, 02:02 PM)SEX Wrote: When you play a game, and framedrop occurs, how do you know, what causes it - bad optimization of a game or weakness of your hardware? Then, you wrote about it in the forum - consider upgrade by adviseings? If this is useless, as in the case of not getting constant fps on SEGA Gen/MD emulator?

If you experience frame drops then that's usually due to your hardware... Bad game optimisation usually results in things like screen glitches and stuff like that.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
(07-29-2017, 01:31 PM)refraction Wrote: The emulator also always reports 50/60fps even if the true fps of the game is 25-30fps.  So to get an authentic feeling experience, it should always report 50/60fps (depending on if it's a PAL game or NTSC)

I think, you taking about video timings, not about actual rendering fps, generated by crystal oscillator in the RAMDAC of a console
(07-29-2017, 02:05 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: If you experience frame drops then that's usually due to your hardware... Bad game optimisation usually results in things like screen glitches and stuff like that.

But how can we be sure of this? Buy a new hardware and see what will change?
(07-29-2017, 02:09 PM)SEX Wrote: I think, you taking about video timings, not about actual rendering fps, generated by crystal oscillator in the RAMDAC of a console

I kinda of am yes, but that is what we consider to be the full 60ps,a lot of ps2 games ran at 30fps

(07-29-2017, 02:46 PM)refraction Wrote: I kinda of am yes, but that is what we consider to be the full 60ps,a lot of ps2 games ran at 30fps

Not a question. But is that 30 fps is CONSTANT or usually drops like on "next-gen"; sometimes below 20 fps, and users of emulator tries to fix this by buying new hardware?
Some games do drop on the console yes, just like current consoles (not next gen, that's a misconception, the generation which is not out yet but coming NEXT is the "next-gen", but it will probably happen on them too). It has always been an issue, all the way back to the 80's

The Getaway Black Monday for example drops frames on the console and it's noticeable , there's less smoothness and a bit of stutter.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Grandia 2 is another example of a game that has terrible frame drops in certain areas on the PS2 console.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)