RIGHT to expect 60 fps on PCSX2
Rainbow 
Do we have the rights to expect constant true 60 fps all the way on the emulator? Are the games on PS2 is soo highly optmized at all? Are the fps drops is absolutely our hardware's guilt? Why do all expect constant true 60 fps at all and have zero tolerance for fps drops? And what happened to the "next-gen" games on PS nowadays, when every second game presents fps stuttering? How do we'll emulate it at constant fps in the future?

Sponsored links

Not really sure what exactly it is you're asking but if you're assuming that PCSX2 is 100% perfect in 100% of games, then I'm afraid you're mistaken. Emulation is rarely perfect and many games just present new challenges that have to be solved.
(07-29-2017, 04:57 AM)CK1 Wrote: Not really sure what exactly it is you're asking but if you're assuming that PCSX2 is 100% perfect in 100% of games, then I'm afraid you're mistaken. Emulation is rarely perfect and many games just present new challenges that have to be solved.

PCSX2 emulates hardware, right? And how can we expect what never produced on the actual hardware? Or maybe all the games are perfectly optmized, without any singe fps drop? And what happened to the "next-gen" games then? How do we'll emulate it at constant fps in the future? Or maybe we'll not expect constant true fps for them, like for PS2 we'll do?
(07-29-2017, 05:15 AM)SEX Wrote: PCSX2 emulates hardware, right?
Right
Quote:And how can we expect what never produced on the actual hardware?
you can't except for a few games that do have a 60 fps patch
Quote: Or maybe all the games are perfectly optmized, without any singe fps drop?
you mean originally, or when emulated ?
Anyways, in both case, the answer is "no".
Quote:And what happened to the "next-gen" games then? How do we'll emulate it at constant fps in the future? Or maybe we'll not expect constant true fps for them, like for PS2 we'll do?
There, you completely lost me.
It seems completely off topic and unrelated to your first statements
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-29-2017, 08:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you can't except for a few games that do have a 60 fps patch

Why? (Nearly) everybody here need to run it's games at 60 fps, not a 50, right? PAL region maybe?

(07-29-2017, 08:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you mean originally, or when emulated ?

Yes. Or is that PS2 games are perfectly optmized, or PCSX2 developers opimizes it, to run at constant true 60 fps?

(07-29-2017, 08:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: There, you completely lost me.

I mean, there is something special for PS2, that it produses CONSTANT fps games, when every frame drops are zero tolerated. I mean, it is normal, that SEGA Gen/MD or something like that drammaticaly drop fps fairly often. And it not advised to update hardware or something to run it at constant. I mean, nobody wrote, that it run SEGA Gen/MD at CONSTANT fps, or even expect it; it sounds like nonsense
(07-29-2017, 08:59 AM)SEX Wrote: Why? (Nearly) everybody here need to run it's games at 60 fps, not a 50, right? PAL region maybe?

Yes. Or is that PS2 games are perfectly optmized, or PCSX2 developers opimizes it, to run at constant true 60 fps?

I mean, there is something special for PS2, that it produses CONSTANT fps games, when every frame drops are zero tolerated. I mean, it is normal, that SEGA Gen/MD or something like that drammaticaly drop fps fairly often. And it not advised to update hardware or something to run it at constant. I mean, nobody wrote, that it run SEGA Gen/MD at CONSTANT fps, or even expect it; it sounds like nonsense

It depends on how much raw power the original machine had anyway. The Sega MD is relatively very low in power, so to emulate it, the emulating machine doesn't need much power either. But the PS2 has more power so is a more difficult machine to emulate, since the emulating machine needs more processor time to act as the EE and control the host machine as well, etc. The emulation software is basically a virtual machine, so two machines are running simultaneously. If the virtual machine is demanding, then the host machine needs more power to keep both machines running efficiently. If it doesn't have that power, then the virtual machine won't have the resources to keep it running as it should.
It also depends on how the original machine ran its games, as in, how the original hardware did it. The PS2 ran its games in a pretty strange way, and don't forget, the PCSX2 devs are trying to redo this all in code, so there will be issues. They're creating a piece of software that acts as hardware, even worse when the PS2's hardware documentation is scarce.

No emulated game is perfectly optimised, but then again, most games for the PS2 weren't optimised for it either (apart from PS2 exclusives I would imagine). Think of it this way: when you're emulating, the PS2 game is communicating with the processor in a different language to x86, the processor doesn't understand it, so it has to translate it in real time. It's a slow process. It's just like talking to someone who doesn't speak your native language, so you both have to use dictionaries to translate the conversation. It's slow because it isn't native. I think that's the keyword here: native.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
(07-29-2017, 10:52 AM)Kian Stevens Wrote: I think that's the keyword here: native.

And why people just want to gain FULL 60 FPS, or CONSTANT TRUE 60 FPS at all? When this technically impossible except brilliant optimization. Why people don't think about optimization and blame it's own hardware, and others advise to upgrade? Especially in this forum?
I think you're mistaken between Full 60 fps and true 60 fps (aka double render frames).
If you're looking for full speed unrelated to hardware upgrade, what kind of optimization do you suggest ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-29-2017, 12:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I think you're mistaken between Full 60 fps and true 60 fps (aka double render frames).
If you're looking for full speed unrelated to hardware upgrade, what kind of optimization do you suggest ?

I think there is no need in hardware upgrade if the game not runs at full 60 fps on the actual hardware, and you probably expect it and do useless upgrade, especially, by advice in the forum.
(07-29-2017, 12:42 PM)SEX Wrote: I think there is no need in hardware upgrade if the game not runs at full 60 fps on the actual hardware, and you probably expect it and do useless upgrade, especially, by advice in the forum.

Games on the original PS2 play at either 50fps or 60fps depending on region. I don't think frame drops were a problem back then? Not as far as I can remember anyway. However a 50fps game can be made to play at 60fps on PCSX2. What point are you even trying to make anyway?
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.