RIP-ing games
Hey guys anyone know how to RIP/shrink an game?

I got an PS2 with a softmoded MC i would play it on the normal way but the Lens is not working Wacko so i wana play the game from an USB Stick.
Its Ar Tonelico 2 but the game is 4.06 GB and my USB Stick is 3.68 GB,so does anyone know an way to rip the movies from game so i could save some space?

Sponsored links

not even possible.
Yeah, it's possible.
It depends on the game and you need a way to play games via USB (there's a couple homebrew supporting this).

You're far better of playing the game from your original disk.
If that poses a problem for you, I better remind you of the forum rules.
It is possible but especially that game have frame skipping/freezing problems when you play it from the disk(it can't read fast enough the data that is needed almost always right when everything must be as smooth as possible to avoid damage)which is much faster that playing it from USB.
(02-02-2012, 03:55 AM)rama Wrote: Yeah, it's possible.
It depends on the game and you need a way to play games via USB (there's a couple homebrew supporting this).

You're far better of playing the game from your original disk.
If that poses a problem for you, I better remind you of the forum rules.

its not possible to just rip the movies out and expect the disk to skip them. Tongue2
You need to hack this up, right. You could replace long movies with short ones, for example.
But how??
(02-02-2012, 01:21 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: its not possible to just rip the movies out and expect the disk to skip them. Tongue2

It is possible. Have you ever played or seen somebody play the DVD5 version of God of War 1 & 2? If you go to the bonus section to view a cutscene, you notice that all cutscenes are replaced with a small cutscene found at the beginning of the game. I saw somewhere that the modder even lowered the cutscenes resolution to make it fit a DVD5 and he had a rip-kit to do it.
Rip kits maybe, yea. You'd have to google for one.
I'd recommend getting one of these Western Digital Essentials external USB drives though.
The smallest ones are already like 160GB and they're very affordable.
I cant find for AT2 Wacko