Racer Revenge controls
Discovered this emulator yesterday, and after a short time I have everything up and running in my MAME cab. I can even launch the games through Maximus Arcade without any special configuration.

I have one question about Star Wars Racer Revenge: is it possible to set the controls to use the cab joysticks like the real Racer Arcade game....both joysticks forward goes straight, pulling back on one turns the pod racer, etc? I saw a You Tube video where a guy was using this setup on another PS2 game through PCS2X:

http://youtu.be/jCbltNZSE_A

TIA!

Sponsored links

You might wanna ask over at the MAME forums. This forum is for Playstation 2 games, not mame games. Sounds like you have a cool cab though Smile
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm running Star Wars Racer Revenge for PS2 in PCSX2, and I need PCSX2 config help for the controls. Maximus Arcade is just the frontend that runs a number of emulators like MAME and PCSX2.
well what kind of help like just replace PS2 buttons with keyboard buttons and if Analog sensitivity is required use the mouse Smile
(05-05-2013, 10:28 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: well what kind of help like just replace PS2 buttons with keyboard buttons and if Analog sensitivity is required use the mouse Smile

Well, I am trying to replicate the control scheme of the Star Wars Racer Arcade game, which steered by pushing forward or pulling back on one of the two control sticks.

If you remember the old arcade tank game Battlezone you will understand what I'm talking about. The controls consisted of left and right joysticks, which could only be moved in the Y (vertical) axis, each controlling the treads on that side of the player's tank. In Star Wars Racer Arcade there is one joystick for each engine, and that's how you steer it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that it probably can't be done. There is only one "Accelerate" button, and that powers both engines at the same time.
well since i don't have or seen the game and this is abit complex to me

but i did understand one thing in PCSX2 you can link 2 buttons to one ( like you want )
(05-05-2013, 10:52 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: well since i don't have or seen the game and this is abit complex to me

but i did understand one thing in PCSX2 you can link 2 buttons to one ( like you want )

I figured it out. I just mapped the Left command to the Down on the left joystick and the Right command to the Down on the right joystick. It works perfectly now.