Radeon HD performance versus GeForce GTX
Most of the benchmarks are much closer than that. My guess would be you picked the one that was the farthest apart. For the most part, I've seen a 3-5 FPS difference which is nothing. But, again, like I said, I only menioned those because they're the ones I'm deciding against. I never said they performed exactly the same. If there is a difference between the GTS 250 and GTX 260 in PCSX2 then it would be better for me to mention the card I'd be getting, right?

Again, no one cares. I would appreciate it if you just don't respond anymore.

Sponsored links

(06-15-2009, 12:26 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: Most of the benchmarks are much closer than that. My guess would be you picked the one that was the farthest apart. For the most part, I've seen a 3-5 FPS difference which is nothing. But, again, like I said, I only menioned those because they're the ones I'm deciding against. I never said they performed exactly the same. If there is a difference between the GTS 250 and GTX 260 in PCSX2 then it would be better for me to mention the card I'd be getting, right?

Again, no one cares. I would appreciate it if you just don't respond anymore.

I agree with you. Wink.. Didn't expect that did ya? XD.
And, I just picked out the first benchmark I saw when it came to the cards... But whatev's.. Another for the record - http://techreport.com/r.x/geforce-gts-250/fallout3.gif

As for the OP, go for the GTX260 provided your PSU is sufficient.. A coolermaster 460W extreme PSU will power a GTX260 for a short while, and that's the lowest PSU I'd advise you use for a GTX260.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
The problem with getting a GTX 260 is that I'm going to be spending much of the next 24 months playing StarCraft 2 and that is not a demanding game. I'm going to be getting a Core i7 920 build with 6GB since I can get a good deal on it. It's only 90$ more than E8400 build and like 30$ more than a Phenom II X4 build so the i7 is clearly the best choice.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation but the main reason I was even considering the GTX 260 was because of PhysX (next to useless) and PCSX2 (Apparently, it doesn't matter anymore Laugh) so I think I'm going to go with the HD 4850 since it'll max the game I'll be playing the most. Then, I'll upgrade the graphics card and play the awesome quad core behemoth games that come out then ... while playing some of my favorite PS2 games with better speed and compatiblity through future PCSX2.

Awww, the future looks bright to me Laugh
While we're on the subject of a i7 920. Clock-for-clock the speed difference between that and a E8400 is about 15-20 percent right?
Have they released any system requirements for SC2, yet? I need to know if I should make any upgrades, because I want to play it in all its glory.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-15-2009, 12:39 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: The problem with getting a GTX 260 is that I'm going to be spending much of the next 24 months playing StarCraft 2 and that is not a demanding game. I'm going to be getting a Core i7 920 build with 6GB since I can get a good deal on it. It's only 90$ more than E8400 build and like 30$ more than a Phenom II X4 build so the i7 is clearly the best choice.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation but the main reason I was even considering the GTX 260 was because of PhysX (next to useless) and PCSX2 (Apparently, it doesn't matter anymore Laugh) so I think I'm going to go with the HD 4850 since it'll max the game I'll be playing the most. Then, I'll upgrade the graphics card and play the awesome quad core behemoth games that come out then ... while playing some of my favorite PS2 games with better speed and compatiblity through future PCSX2.

Awww, the future looks bright to me Laugh
While we're on the subject of a i7 920. Clock-for-clock the speed difference between that and a E8400 is about 15-20 percent right?

In general gaming.. you'll find an overclocked E8400 to reign supreme over an i7..

In the original Phenom II benchmarks, you can see the E8600 destroying the competition.. (i7, Q9***, the lot)

Clock for clock, compare the 965 with the E8600 here http://techreport.com/r.x/phenom-ii/warhead.gif

Only one benchmark, others show different results.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Sorry, I meant for PCSX2.
(06-15-2009, 12:43 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Have they released any system requirements for SC2, yet? I need to know if I should make any upgrades, because I want to play it in all its glory.

Nope Sad Nothing.

But, I can tell right now from your sig that you'll have no problem.
(06-15-2009, 01:10 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: Sorry, I meant for PCSX2.
(06-15-2009, 12:43 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Have they released any system requirements for SC2, yet? I need to know if I should make any upgrades, because I want to play it in all its glory.

Nope Sad Nothing.

But, I can tell right now from your sig that you'll have no problem.

Yeah, it'll be a typical Blizz game where they are able to make the graphics look kick ass yet still be able to run on ancient hardware. Just one of the many reasons why Blizzard swims in money and sleeps on heaps of cash.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Aren't you guyz off topic ???? .... this suppose to be PCSX2 thread ATI versus Nvidia not the freaking benchmarking stuff etc etc .. that totally useless to PCSX2 because that is for PC gamming not PCSX2 gaming OK ?????... please go on to the topic .. other wise Just stop this topic ok ?????...

Evendo you have Darn high,superior and infinity bechmark point .. if your setting all wrong in PCSX2... evendo you have I7 you will still run the game Pentium 4 FPS !!!!...
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(06-15-2009, 05:14 AM)nelsonz Wrote: Evendo you have Darn high,superior and infinity bechmark point .. if your setting all wrong in PCSX2... evendo you have I7 you will still run the game Pentium 4 FPS !!!!...
now that's just exaggerating, the architecture also has an impact on the speed you know, and anyways i've seen people that post here and have a great emulation experience with pcsx2 Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
hahahaha ... but kinda off topic .. XD
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy