Radiata Stories event slowdown
Exclamation 
my problems :
1. FPS always drop in the event scene and EE at 40-50% (full FPS outside event when i can control my character movement, EE at 90-100%)
2. the sound in FMV movie is choppy (in progressive mode the sound is skipping)

please share if you know solutions to my problems Smile

emu setting :
speedhack off, setting at default recommended settings

my spec :
Operating System = win 7 32 bit
Physical RAM = 2GB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Processor (2,8GHz)
VGA = ATI Radeon HD 4250

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

hmm looks like some sort of post processing effect is killing your GPU (which is very low end btw, so unsuprising)

you could try turning on the "allow 8bit textures" option in gsdx, if that doesnt help, try pressing F9 on that scene and see if it's any quicker.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Just forget it to your onboard gpu at term to use pcsx2 emulation, you have to buy decent grapich card to get in games without bottleneck your cpu be caused weak gpu.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(09-23-2011, 12:16 PM)refraction Wrote: hmm looks like some sort of post processing effect is killing your GPU (which is very low end btw, so unsuprising)

you could try turning on the "allow 8bit textures" option in gsdx, if that doesnt help, try pressing F9 on that scene and see if it's any quicker.

unfortunately 8 bit texture and software mode doesnt help and will greatly reduce FPS in event scene Sad

(09-23-2011, 12:23 PM)Register Wrote: Just forget it to your onboard gpu at term to use pcsx2 emulation, you have to buy decent grapich card to get in games without bottleneck your cpu be caused weak gpu.

so the problem really is my hardware (GPU) ?
just want to make sure the problem is not the setting
Radiata Stories is heavy, even on my 4850 at only 2x native.
Some games need more demanding hardware cpu or gpu and some games less demanding and Tri Ace games aka Radiata story is one of games which need good gpu at least HD 6570 can play with native res at FULL Speed. With your cpu, that game should be working at full speed with MTVU hacks and other speedhack has to be used.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
the only thing that confuse me is why does the slowdown only happens in event scene and not while outside event where i can control my character and talk to NPC.

even when i turn on MTVU hack it doesnt affect the FPS in event scene.

oh well i guess if everybody thinks the problem is my onboard GPU then the solution is to buy a new powerful graphic card Sad
try this setting see will it help you or not

1.SSE 4 not SSE2
2. direct3d9 hardware
3.tick texture filtering
4.tick 8 bit texture
5. use speedhack 1-EE 0-VU
6.tick the wait for loop detection
7. tick waiting for Vsync on refresh

(09-23-2011, 01:21 PM)hell321 Wrote: try this setting see will it help you or not

1.SSE 4 not SSE2
2. direct3d9 hardware
3.tick texture filtering
4.tick 8 bit texture
5. use speedhack 1-EE 0-VU
6.tick the wait for loop detection
7. tick waiting for Vsync on refresh

please if you really want to give advices, give good ones.

SSE4 is unavailable on AMD CPus
D3D10 will be faster than D3d9
and finally, texture filtering and Vsync slow emulation down.

Trying to help is kind. But next time, learn before trying to teach...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
o sorry cost i use latest technology intel core

amd is very outdated cpu technology cost it need double more than intel core speed Shop IT expert say that