Raging Blades blurry display - PCSX2 Nightly 1.7.27.55
(05-20-2022, 10:43 AM)refraction Wrote: okay so it's intended for the game to look like that then.. if you enable the "screen offsets" option in the graphics settings, does it look any better, by chance?

No, still the same..

Sponsored links

This might be kinda shot in the dark, but have you tried switching interlacing methods (F5)?
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(05-20-2022, 01:24 PM)BloodRaynare Wrote: This might be kinda shot in the dark, but have you tried switching interlacing methods (F5)?

Thanks for the tip. So, I sat and experimented with it. I managed to get it looking better!

Check the screenshot.

The weird issue I have now is that, there is a horizontal line in about the middle of the screen (check the shoulder of the character in the screenshot). While I change the size of the window, those line appear to increase till they make the screen blurry again...

But it is undoubtedly better than the 1st screens. There is progress...
You can try using the attached non interlacing patch. Seems to work fine but will need further testing.

Attached Files
.pnach   A8D651D2.pnach (Size: 310 bytes / Downloads: 202)
(05-20-2022, 04:34 PM)prafull Wrote: You can try using the attached non interlacing patch. Seems to work fine but will need further testing.

Sorry, im kind of a noob. How do I use it?
(05-20-2022, 04:58 PM)tarifas122 Wrote: Sorry, im kind of a noob. How do I use it?

Put it in your cheats folder and enable cheats.
(05-20-2022, 10:43 AM)refraction Wrote: okay so it's intended for the game to look like that then.. if you enable the "screen offsets" option in the graphics settings, does it look any better, by chance?

I don't wanna muck up this thread but I just wanted to say this fixes the ghosting issue I mentioned with upscaling Tenchu Fatal Shadows on the newer 1.7 builds. Thx! Smile
(05-20-2022, 05:03 PM)prafull Wrote: Put it in your cheats folder and enable cheats.

Worked like a charm. 

Thank you very much. Now I can play it again with my cousin in co-op for nostalgia's sake - almost 20 years later!

This PR will also fix it once it's merged then no need for a patch: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/6106

Edit: hmm the PR doesn't fully fix it, however I noticed the game needs you to set Blend BFF rather than Auto/Blend TFF which severely reduces the blurring.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]