Raging Blades blurry display - PCSX2 Nightly 1.7.27.55
The game looks blurry.

I have attached the following images:

- image of how the game looks

- general and graphics settings

Is there a way to reduce/eliminate the bluriness? 

Thank you.

PC SPECS
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820                                                     K CPU @ 3.30GHz  
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 4GB

Sponsored links

Probably need to enable some upscaling hacks in your graphics settings to counter it, I'd start with Half Pixel Offset, try Normal (Vertex), then Special (Texture)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the reply.

I tried it to no avail. Image remains the same.
Just outta curiosity, how does the game look on the old 1.6.0 stable version? Can you try it?

I only suggest this because I'm currently playing through Tenchu Fatal Shadows and I noticed the whole screen looked blurred on the newer Nightly builds - in fact it looked exactly like your screenshots( a sorta ghosting or halo effect around all 3D objects on the screen ) and Half Pixel Offset settings had no effect(nor did any hack/renderer combo). When I ran the game on the old 1.6.0 build, however, the problem was gone. ( I did end up turning on Half Pixel Offset to fix an unrelated issue later on ).
(05-18-2022, 04:10 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Just outta curiosity, how does the game look on the old 1.6.0 stable version? Can you try it?

I only suggest this because I'm currently playing through Tenchu Fatal Shadows and I noticed the whole screen looked blurred on the newer Nightly builds - in fact it looked exactly like your screenshots( a sorta ghosting or halo effect around all 3D objects on the screen ) and Half Pixel Offset settings had no effect(nor did any hack/renderer combo). When I ran the game on the old 1.6.0 build, however, the problem was gone. ( I did end up turning on Half Pixel Offset to fix an unrelated issue later on ).

Thanks for the info. I will test it in the next 24 hours and I’ll get back to you.
Tried with the 1.6 build. Still the same blurry image...
How does it look in native resolution and software mode?

Ah, well sry for wasting your time with that. :/
(05-19-2022, 07:02 PM)refraction Wrote: How does it look in native resolution and software mode?

Direct3D native 

Software

okay so it's intended for the game to look like that then.. if you enable the "screen offsets" option in the graphics settings, does it look any better, by chance?