Random FPS Spikes in Games
Hey everyone,

I'm having random fluctuations in pcsx2 while playing Top Spin during gameplay. The game will be playing silky smooth at 60 fps for a few minutes, and then during the same game it will reduce to 40 fps for a few minutes, and then go back up. I don't know if this is due to throttles from my GPU or something else.

Specs:
Intel i7-3630QM 2.40 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce 650M GT 2GB

All of my DirectX Drivers are updated.

Here's some pictures of my settings and plugins

I'm also getting some weird plugin errors in my console. Here's the log

.txt   log.txt (Size: 5,62 KB / Downloads: 475)

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored links

Disable the Presets in the Emulation Settings tab,set Cyclerate to 0,go to the EE/IOP tab and set everything to the recommended (bold words) settings,do the same with VU,and see if it works. Is the PC getting hot btw? I'd say to check the temperature with the appropriate software.
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker_1.gif]
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3800+ @2.4Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB
RAM: 4GB
I set those parameters, and it still stays at 40 fps. My core temperature is at around 76 C and my GPU is 62 C, and I run PCSX2 using my GPU
Set the resolution to Native,choose the DirectX10/11 Render in the Gdsx window if you haven't done yet,and see if that changes something. Oh,is that a laptop processors? I don't know if PCSX2 is playable on those. It's a Quad core IIRC,so check the MTVU square in the Speedhacks settings too and see how it works.
[Image: ezgif_com_gif_maker_1.gif]
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3800+ @2.4Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB
RAM: 4GB
I checked the MTVU square, and on that game it really helped, but when I played a different one it would cause the emulator to freeze and then not respond Sad
(08-09-2014, 06:55 AM)soggyroll Wrote: I checked the MTVU square, and on that game it really helped, but when I played a different one it would cause the emulator to freeze and then not respond Sad

which one ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
use Aida64 or CPU-Z to see if laptop is being throttled. imo 76c is hot but then laptop that laptop and i dont use them for gaming of any sort.
I think 76 should be fine... Maybe place the notebook on a solid surface... not on a pillow or your lap or something like that...
Still as recommended by tsunami check clocks with cpu-z during slowdowns.
It's not throttling, my core speed is staying at 2394 MHz with x24.0 multiplier. And Jesalvein, it was free on NBA Street Vol. 2, but play well on Top Spin
domes games don't work with MTVU hack.
Would be a good idea to report it on the appropriate thread (I'll do it).

What do the ee% & GS% say when you get slowdowns ?
Did you set your power plan to performance mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go