Random Lag During Game
Have you overclocked your FX-8150? The highest it should go at stock speed is 4200Mhz. That could explain the high temperature.

Sponsored links

Well while it was at stock, before I overclocked it which was like a few hours before finding out that it had been overheating. It was still overheating at stock so I decided to under clocked the CPU and I have had no issues I will probably return to stock or higher when I get the funds for a closed circuit liquid cooling system that I have been looking at for sometime now.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who has helped me!
I'm suprised you are getting such problems with overheating at that speed. I can run my FX-6100 at just over 4000Mhz with a cheap(ish) Loki cooler, and even with all cores at full speed with x264, it barely touches 60 degrees.
Did you think about disabling amd cool n' quiet in your bios ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-17-2013, 02:50 AM)Dorkstinn Wrote: Okay while I checking the AMD OverDrive i noticed that every time it gets a lag spike the "Current Speed" of each core of the processor falls to just under 1500 MHz while when it is normally running it is at about 4300 MHz. Does this information help at all?

EDIT:
Also it seems to happen when the temperature reaches 70 degrees. I am going to assume that its a overheating issue then, but could anyone either verify this or have any hints to lower the temperature.

if it is hitting higher temps then the processor could clock down to compensate the heat.

my guess would be the turbo being enabled and the stock cooler cant cope with the heat it produces. my advise: disable the turbo and amd cool n quitet in the bios, that way it doesnt go above 3.6ghz stock speeds and if it is still getting hot, try to lower the voltages of the processor, i bet it can run on lower volts because it doesnt have turbo anymore (if you decide to disable the function in the bios anyway)

that way the processor is cooler but to be honest, get a decent aftermarket cooler (cooler master hyper 212+ evo comes into mind, only around 25 bucks) and get that to 4.2 ghz on standard speeds and you're golden pretty much.