Random Lag During Game
Hello, I am having an issue while playing games, the games that I have tried are Dark Cloud and Monster Rancher 4. Both of these games are ISO files and run well except for seemingly random spikes of lag that drop my FSP from 60 to 30. There is no change in the RAM, CPU, or GPU usage.

The specs of my computer are:
3.6GHz AMD FX-8150 Zambezi Eight-Core
8GB Patriot Ram/Memory
Windows 7 64-bit
ASUS GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB Dedicated Video RAM

If there is anymore information that is needed please ask. Also any insight is appreciated.

Sponsored links

Notice the EE and GS percentage on top of the game window. If either reaches 95% or higher, then your CPU is not powerful enough.
May I ask what EE and GS stand for? and also the EE does reach above 95% and is there anyway to lower this number? like a speed hack?
Also I was wondering if there was anyway to allow the pcsx2 to use more of the CPU because it is hardly using any of the processor.
To lower the EE percentage, use MTVU hack if you have not already.

If you already use it, then there is not many things to do. Other speed hacks help a little, test them yourself because they're game dependent.
Your cpu is the culprit, here.
Amd faildozer architecture has proved to perform very badly under pcsx2.
Sorry Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Which is what I think is odd because the pcsx2 seems to hardly use any of the CPU's power. The CPU seems to not break over 40% load and I will also try the MTVU hack when I get back around my computer.
It's because you have 8 cores.
Pcsx2 won't use more than 3 of them with mtvu hack enabled.

What you can try is running it software mode and setting extra rendering threads to 4, 5 or 6 (experiment a bit).
that may help.
Is there anyway to know what cores the pcsx2 is running on. Also I can try the extra rendering threads which I hope helps though when I tried putting it into software mode it was having issues with speed and how the graphics looked. Also thank you for ideas.
you can't "know", you can decide on what cores it runs, by setting its cpu affinity...

and yes, software mode will look like the original PS2, so the gfx will look crappy for nowaday's screens Wink