Random Slowdown
Alright, so I've seen that when my game slows down, my temperature rises to about 39.6 degrees, and during gameplay it's about 38 degrees.

Is it too high? Is it too low? Or is it just fine?
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."

Sponsored links

no, that's fine. probably some background processes too demanding on resources
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Okay then.

I'll see if Game Booster makes any significant changes, but if not I'll see if I can do it manually. I'll let you guys know if it works or not.
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."
Well, I can gladly confirm that Game Booster (or Cortex, as it has now been renamed) did just the job I wanted it to. I was able to get past 2 (and a half) stages with no lag spikes, which, before, was an impossible feat.

Though I can't go just yet without thanking you guys for your great help. I wouldn't of even thought to use something to get rid of the background processes if it weren't for your help. Much obliged for your assistance. Smile
please check cpu-z & gpu-z readings during and shortly before/after slowdowns (mainly clock rates)
I guess he mentioned that problem was solved.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I'd check if your PC has been infested with any malware or whatever, or if you have some programs hogging up hardware in the background and look into potential fixes, although Cortex(?) seems to do the job good enough.
More ram and an ssd will help with the background processes without using external programs.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb