Random Slowdown
Hi guys. I'm experiencing a problem with PCSX2. The problem is whenever I play a game (I'm gonna use Mega Man X7 as a prime example), the game plays fine for a short while, and then it will just go down to 10-20 FPS. This causes me to have to wait for it to get back to proper speed, which really wastes my time.
Does it have something to do with my computer, or is a problem on the plugins part?

I'll post my specs right here:

Windows 8.1 64-bit (dunno which version);
AMD FX™-4170 Quad-Core Processor (4.4Ghz);
8.2 GB RAM;
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (4.6GB Approx. Total RAM);
1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz);
DirectX 11
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."

Sponsored links

What are your EE and GS values during slowdown ? It's most likely to be a cause of limited CPU resources.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Could you check your CPU temps when it slows down? AMD's tend to start throttling at 70c
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-07-2015, 08:40 PM)refraction Wrote: Could you check your CPU temps when it slows down? AMD's tend to start throttling at 70c

And the stock cooler is just ass.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thumbs Up 
BiggrinCheck your task manager and any background files you find a bit off our you aren't using disable them cause this has happened to me before.Biggrin
thefatgamer, about the background apps thing. Would using something like Razer Game Booster work?
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."
It might help on removing the shady background processes but, you could also do it manually on task manager by end tasking the processes (or) disabling a certain app on start up list.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(it is still highly probable a downclocking issue... either due to temperature or power saving)
(06-08-2015, 06:08 PM)willkuer Wrote: (it is still highly probable a downclocking issue... either due to temperature or power saving)

Yes.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'll check to see what the temperatures are when it slows down.