Random Slowdown
Hello guys i managed to make gow 1 and gow 2 run on 60 fps most time but after 2-3 min playing the game slow downs to 10-15 fps for a 4-5 seconds and comebacks to 60 fps , it doesnt matter what resolution i  try costum,native,native x2 it runs same the slow down appears and funny thing is if u pause the game it backs to normal i have NTSC copy of gow 1 and PAL copy of gow 2 please help my pc is fx4300 3.9ghz 8gbram gts450

also my speedhacks are turned on and ee cyclerate & vu are 0

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2020, 07:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
I dont understand what should i send u from the emulog since its same if the lag is here or its running smooth
It's actually quite easy:

load the game,
play,
a slowdown occurs,
then speed goes back to normal,
close pcsx2.exe,
copy the log,
paste it here
That cpu is not actually very good for pcsx2 and especially that game
Are you playing from the disk or image.
Maybe overheating

You need 1600 single threading performance for most games and this is one is not all that easy to emulate(your cpu score is 1474)
(04-10-2020, 11:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: It's actually quite easy:

load the game,
play,
a slowdown occurs,
then speed goes back to normal,
close pcsx2.exe,
copy the log,
paste it here
The problem is fixed , the EE cyclerate was put on 2 and i switched to 1 now its running perfectly, like real ps2 good graphics no slowdowns thanks alot for the help guys!

(04-10-2020, 11:26 AM)vsub Wrote: That cpu is not actually very good for pcsx2 and especially that game
Are you playing from the disk or image.
Maybe overheating

You need 1600 single threading performance for most games and this is one is not all that easy to emulate(your cpu score is 1474)
I dont think so i've seen people play gran turismo 4 on core 2 duo e8400 haha, and my friend was one of them too back when 0.9.6 was released Smile)
(04-10-2020, 04:24 PM)MarikIshtar123 Wrote: The problem is fixed , the EE cyclerate was put on 2 and i switched to 1 now its running perfectly, like real ps2 good graphics no slowdowns thanks alot for the help guys!

I dont think so i've seen people play gran turismo 4 on core 2 duo e8400 haha, and my friend was one of them too back when 0.9.6 was released Smile)

0.9.8 is an ancient build and will run things fast but very inaccurately. Modern builds require ratings of 1800+ to run GT4 okay-ish, 2000+ to run it reliably. Times have changed.
(04-10-2020, 04:24 PM)MarikIshtar123 Wrote: I dont think so i've seen people play gran turismo 4 on core 2 duo e8400 haha, and my friend was one of them too back when 0.9.6 was released Smile)

Where did you see that...on a youtube video right?
If the video is just showing a gameplay not the desktop,then even if the game is running at 1fps,the video will run at full speed
(04-10-2020, 05:26 PM)vsub Wrote: Where did you see that...on a youtube video right?
If the video is just showing a gameplay not the desktop,then even if the game is running at 1fps,the video will run at full speed
no its true i even have the savegame i did not saw on youtube, i remember cause he is living 1 house to me so we was playing at his house unlocking stuff , i remember that the game was running okay with not too much good graphic but playable.

(04-10-2020, 04:28 PM)pandubz Wrote: 0.9.8 is an ancient build and will run things fast but very inaccurately. Modern builds require ratings of 1800+ to run GT4 okay-ish, 2000+ to run it reliably. Times have changed.
Damnn haha i think 0.9.8 is still available to download i may try about gt4 i wanna play it in 60 fps i dont care how the graphics look like , haha even if it looks like a ps1 i just wanna play the game and enjoy the beauty of gt4
If you aren't looking for improvements,better play it directly on your real PS2. Old versions are likely to cash and prevent you from complete the game