Random Slowdown/FPS Drops
(06-05-2015, 07:15 AM)ssakash Wrote: try disabling Intel speed step in the bios and remove all the enabled gamefixes and set to automatic gamefixes.

Would you happen to know the procedure on how to do this? I tried googling it and couldn't find a concrete answer. In my power options "Intel CPPC Energy Efficiency Settings" is disabled. I restarted my computer and went into BIOS and didn't see an option to disable it. I am running windows 8.1.

(06-05-2015, 07:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: setting ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing to max is a bad idea...

That's just the last setting I tried. I've tried it with them off, halfway up, and to the max, none of these helped or hurt the slowdowns at all.

Sponsored links

Maybe that option isn't present on your laptop ? Did you try the other provided suggestions ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-05-2015, 07:29 PM)ssakash Wrote: Maybe that option isn't present on your laptop ? Did you try the other provided suggestions ?

Yes I have tried every single possible combination of the speedhacks. This includes both meters turned off, both meters maxed, both meters in the middle, one meter off, one meter maxed etc...
I wasn't taking about the speed hacks, you enabled every gamefixes , did you disable them ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-06-2015, 11:42 AM)ssakash Wrote: I wasn't taking about the speed hacks, you enabled every gamefixes , did you disable them ?

I fixed it, the problem was disk access. I made a disk drive directly to my RAM and am running the ISO from there. I haven't experienced any slowdowns.

Will running the ISO from my RAM negatively effect my laptop at all? I only have 8GB of RAM and now 3.5 are dedicated soley to the game, what happens if my computer runs out of RAM?
4.5 GB of RAM is plenty for PCSX2. Just disable the RAM drive when you don't use PCSX2.
(06-06-2015, 09:12 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: 4.5 GB of RAM is plenty for PCSX2. Just disable the RAM drive when you don't use PCSX2.

Thats' a good idea. I don't know how to just disable it though. I'm using a program called SoftPerfect Ram Disk to create the ram drive. It gives me the option to mount and unmounts the drive, but when I unmount it, it makes me format the drive again which erases everything that was saved in the drive. So my ISO would then be deleted.

I guess I could just keep re-copying the ISO from my hard drive to the RAM disk every time.