Random Slowdowns in final fantasy x
(05-25-2011, 03:14 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: but its 3 by default d:
In my .ini was set to 0, i dont know why

Sponsored links

(05-25-2011, 08:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns? Are you playing from the original disc or from an ISO?

I am using an iso image

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-25-2011, 06:31 PM)texasjgc Wrote: LOL what are you talking about?

It's good advice and doesn't have anything to do with core size....Your not changing the CPU workload, your changing the way windows handles program resources......

Bad advice because you delay windows host priorities allowing a risk of TDR or input lag.
(05-26-2011, 08:55 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Bad advice because you delay windows host priorities allowing a risk of TDR or input lag.

o come on! lol

Are you serious? The majority of PC these days can handle a small delay with no problem. Even bug-ridden windows OS's have gotten better at handling scenerios where a user wants to deviate sys resources that windows otherwise doesnt want....I know I wont convince you of anything....lol But just for kicks, you'd be right if we were talking about hardware from like 10 or 15 years ago.....The sheer resolve of PC hardware these days not to mention better firmware, drivers to support future technologies like nanotechnology....But nevermind I aint here to argue, nor am I here to do computer brain surgery...... Im here to help the guy who posted that he needs help.

So, if you have a piece of $h!t pc from like the 90's, then yea dont do what I suggested, but if you make at least a minimum wage salary at the local fast food joint, lol, and can buy a normal everyday computer then what I suggested wont hurt your PC.

I say what I have said with confidence because I do it all the time and I NEVER crash....Per my hardware I am able to bump many processes with no probs. But everyone has dif specs. So, yea.

Just dont raise a bunch of processes at once, unless your PC is Godly (like mine Smile)....One process being raised in priority wont hurt your system, though. It's safe.

Peace out.
[Image: FaithFactor_thumb-1.jpg]
"We call upon the flame! And glorify His name!"
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
(05-26-2011, 05:05 PM)texasjgc Wrote: Are you serious?

Uh... the problems are there, "High" or "Real Time" do cause sound and input lag (and if the app that's forced to use high/real time priority gets some sudden problem and starts leaking mem or maxes CPU resources the only way to get out of that would be hard resetting the computer... but that's a more isolated problem), windows has become more efficient when handling it but it is still not recommended to force.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
a processing intensive app like pcsx2 being run at realtime priority is also likely to have IO slowdowns Tongue2
Thumbs Down 
Well, all I got to say is I have been doing it for years with different types of software, and everytime I do I get an improvement and I never crash or have any problems. So I don't know why y'all are treating it like its the most horrible thing in the world to do...It always works for me and I thought I would try to help the guy having problems. I guess I won't be so quick to help anymore. Seems like when anyone tries to help and someone doesn't like the suggestions given, you get shot down. So, w/e.Glare
[Image: FaithFactor_thumb-1.jpg]
"We call upon the flame! And glorify His name!"
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
Uh I said it was not recommended, not that "its the most horrible thing in the world to do".

Don't give up on trying to help, it's just that not all suggestions work the same for everyone but it's always good to have different opinions or more info about a subject Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64