Random TLB miss
You probably know this but I'm just going to say it anyway...if you use unpached image(the patch would fix the freeze at the last raki battle),when you play the battle and she does the attack at round 3 that make the PS2 freeze,you will get TBL miss there.

Also I don't know if this is related to HDL\OPL but before when I was playing the game(HDL and older OPL versions)would randomly freeze and since pcsx2 can to some extent deal\ignore some problems,instead of freeze you get TBL miss.

Also I'm no 100% sure but while I was testing something on raki with unpached image,get the tbl miss at round 3 and the load another save(from the card,not save state)little after that,I also get tbl miss...meaning the bug at round 3 may still stay and do other things while playing the game if you don't reset after it.

You can also try running the game from Linuzappz rather than from the build in iso loader.

Edit:Edited the first part to be a bit more understandable for people who are not very familiar with this game.

Sponsored links

(01-07-2014, 10:33 AM)vsub Wrote: You probably know but I'm just going to say it anyway...if you use unpached,when you play the last raki battle and she does that attack at round 3,you will get TBL miss there.

Also I don't know if this is related to HDL\OPL but before when I was playing the game(HDL and older OPL versions)would randomly freeze and since pcsx2 can to some extent deal\ignore some problems,instead of freeze you get TBL miss.

Also I'm no 100% sure but while I was testing something on raki with unpached image,get the tbl miss at round 3 and the load another save(from the card,not save state)little after that,I also get tbl miss...meaning the bug at round 3 may still stay and do other things while playing the game if you don't reset after it.

You can also try running the game from Linuzappz rather than from the build in iso loader.

You nailed it dude! I knew that about the Raki freeze of course.

But remember how I said if you don't patch it and then play in PCSX2, it doesn't freeze, but she doesn't do jamming either and her stats DON'T revert to the easy to beat version?

That's what I was doing. Making my "Hardest possible Ar tonelico 2 battle" video. It takes near 20 minutes to beat her on round 100 with no patch(5 minutes with patch because as stated, with patch after she does Fractal Change her stats revert to her Round 1 form). I had never paid attention to the log while practicing it before...

You are good. Another +1 for you!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-07-2014, 10:40 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That's what I was doing. Making my "Hardest possible Ar tonelico 2 battle" video. It takes near 20 minutes to beat her on round 100 with no patch(5 minutes with patch because as stated, with patch after she does Fractal Change her stats revert to her Round 1 form).

If you ask me,that battle is not that hard

Her attacks are with the same timing and little by little you are starting to get use to them(you know the timing before she start hitting you)

What is hard is playing against LV 9 IPD with helpers when you are low level and that IPD have healing skills that heal her with above 4000HP...once it took me almost an hour(or maybe more)to beat her.

If you want to make a really hard Raki battle,play on hard and don't use girl power with guard skills(or with no girl power)...the timing will be again the same but it will be a lot harder to hit perfect and since you can't easily hit perfect she will hit you HARD Smile
Have you tried round 100(i.e. defeated the optional battle 99 times, each time she powers up after the fight) of raki battle with no patch?

This is with main characters at level 82, Reyvateils at 90:

Delay Attack: Great Guard = -900 HP, good -1800 HP, Terrible = -3600 HP
Minute's knock: Great Guard = -1600 HP, good = -3500 HP, Terrible = 1 hit KO
Vesper(per hit of that multi hit attack): Great Guard = -300 HP, good -600 HP, terrible -1000HP
X side Slicer: Anything but Perfect or Great = 1 hit KO to both frontline. Terrible = 1 hit game over. And this one is hard to time since it makes Raki do a cutscene and by the time you can see your guard meter again it's almost too late.

You do get used to the timing of the others, but like I said it's a 20 minute fight. Plenty of chances to screw up.

Charge up your best Red Magic, + Replakia for as long as you can hold it before girls MP runs out, takes Raki to half HP roughly. And you can only use Replakia once per fight.

Raki Absorbs all of the syncronity chain magic I have tried.

Also remember my Croix side Girl Power has Guard++++ But Cocona side only Guard+

And I use Luca and Chroche to make it harder too.

I agree the level 9 ipd can be really rough though. I did get a single game over in my first playthrough on one.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I can't use the unpached image because:
1.My pc is not good enough to get constant speed(the speed goes down when she attacks)
2.Playing with unpached image in PS2 will make the game to freeze

Btw try this:
1.Use Croix,Amarie,someone and Jacqli
2.Use the Jacqli song that increase the chance to do critical.
3.On every attack round use Amarie LV1 down attack and then continue attacking however you want until the next attack round(after the guard round),then do the lv 1 down attack again and continue like that.

Playing that way you will do a lot of damage(use LV3 down Amarie attack to heal all characters).
Oh I didn't know you couldn't keep it at full speed. I knew playing unpatched on ps2 makes it freeze though. I had that error like 10 times in a row before I looked up online what was going on.

As far Jakuri and Amarie: Yeah, but that makes it easier. I want it harder lol.
Harder than this?
On hard,no armor,no weapon,no acc,no girl power,Conona,Shun,Luca,Cloche,set the character to be as not compatible as possible and no replakia.

Try beating her that way and then search for a way to make it harder Tongue2
Yeah. No song magic. Period.

But seriously though: On "Hard"

What do you mean on hard? Settings are Easy and Normal
I mean Normal...forgot that the settings are easy and normal