Random crashes
I've been having an issue these past few weeks with random crashes using pretty much any SVN and i am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

When it crashes the application locks up and in the log it reads "EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset"
than crashes. the windows error log reads
"Faulting application name: pcsx2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521db9dc
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000001
Faulting process id: 0x11dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea72bbd6c5519
Faulting application path: X:\Emulators\PS2 (PCSX2)\pcsx2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
"

Any of this information helpful?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

can you show us what plugins you are using and your spu2-x config? This is likely one of two things.

1. You have the dev9ghz plugin selected, in which case you need to change this to dev9null.
2. You are having the old XAudio2 crashing problem, which is completely random like you're getting (so, most likely) and you will need to change spu2x to use directsound.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Attached the requested files. And i'd guess it's the xAudio issue sadly.

Newest SVN doesn't fix this i'm guessing?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Im afraid not, we don't know the cause as it only happens on some systems Sad

(09-02-2013, 12:27 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Attached the requested files. And i'd guess it's the xAudio issue sadly.

Newest SVN doesn't fix this i'm guessing?

Any particular reason why "sadly"? DirectSound works just as well as XAudio (in fact, DirectSound is just routed through Xaudio on Vista and later). In theory, this introduces additional audio latency, but in reality it's beyond miniscule. If it wasn't, all compatibility PC titles (those that run DirectSound, which many new games still do to maintain XP compatibility) would have issues as well.

Then again, I don't even use DirectSound... I don't get any audio at all and I get the crashes on the xAudio backend so I use WaveOut which is supposed to be even worse and even then I don't have any issues.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Because xaudio offers 2.0 to 5.1 expansion. But I'll just switch. Do you guys want my system specs and dxdiag to narrow down the issue?
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(09-02-2013, 01:15 AM)refraction Wrote: Im afraid not, we don't know the cause as it only happens on some systems Sad

actually the same problem exist with my system too (in newer svns). When i play the game with xaudio plugin after sometime my pcsx2 crashes"pcsx2 stop responding" and i am still not able to find what is cause of it. And thats why i am use direct sound plugin because its not happen with this. (but that doesnt mean my cpu not support xaudio because in stable release i am only use xaudio and crashes not happen with this .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Sound card models might help, though I think its certain onboard cards that do it.

(09-02-2013, 10:05 AM)refraction Wrote: Sound card models might help, though I think its certain onboard cards that do it.

Hmm... I'll have to do some looking up, I believe I have a realtek model... but the drivers appear to be generic windows audio ones.
[Image: 2748844.png]
it might be worth trying an official realtek driver, i recall that realtek was one of the major offenders in this.