Random framerate speed up help
I've been playing Final Fantasy 12 without a hitch on the Direct3D10 Software until earlier today, when for what seemed like absolutely no reason, the framerate effectively doubled, sticking between 90 and 120 fps. I did not change any of the settings, I just paused the game while browsing the internet for a bit, and when I returned, everything was sped up until I restarted the emulator. I was just wondering if anybody knows what might have caused this, and how I can prevent/fix it in the future.

Sponsored links

Did you accidentally enter turbo mode by hitting the Tab button when you didn't mean to?

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K OC @4.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce Nvidea GTX 670 2 GB OC Edition (OC to 1262/1852)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4*4) 2133 MHz RAM
ASUS P8Z77 V-Pro MoboCoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cpu cooler with push/pull
OCZ Agility 4 SSD 256 GB
Silencer MK II 750W Silver PSU
(08-05-2011, 07:01 AM)yaysuperduper Wrote: Did you accidentally enter turbo mode by hitting the Tab button when you didn't mean to?

Oh, I see, PCSX2 must have registered a tab I used somewhere else. Thanks! So what exactly does turbo mode do?
it turbo ur framerates...
by skipping some
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
Nope it doesn't "skip" frames. Turbo mode just set the framelimiter to what you set under turbo mode;](can be changed easily in config>emulation settings>GS>turbo adjust) By default it's 200% soo in NTSC games framelimiter goes from standard 60fps to 120fps. Frame skipping CAN be added to it, but it causes glitches and generally is not recommended.
There is also a "slow motion mode" when you press shift+tab by default 50% of normal speed.

Those two settings are usefull to go fast through boring moments changing slowed down(bad ports) PAL games to 60fps(by setting 120% as turbo) or even for cheating in moments you need precision which is much easier in slow motion.
sry sry sry...
i mixed them up xD
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB