Random freezing in Kingdom Hearts
While playing Kingdom Hearts the game continuously freezes and needs to be restarted to continue. I am playing through the collection part to leave Destiny Islands and have been unable to get any farther due to this issue. There is no consistent cause that I can find.
I have no issues with any other game I play on this computer nor any slowdown whatsoever. I have adjusted most settings in the emulator and tried different versions, as well as re-imaged my disc.
I've been searching the forums for a solution and though some issues seem similar none of the fixes have helped.
I would appreciate any assistance or ideas to help fix this problem.

Sponsored links

Okay this is a bug report forum not support so moving.

You might want to consider supplying us some more information such as your pcsx2 version, all settings, if you are running from iso or direct from disc, pc specs (altho less relivant)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I had a feeling I might have been in the wrong one. Sorry about that.

The pcsx2 version I was using is the most recent one version 0.9.9.r5179.
I left all settings default except for video. Plugin is GSdx32-SSE2-r5179. set to direct3d11 with 4x scaling and texture filtering.
Currently playing from iso
pc: AMD Phenom II x6 1100t 3.30 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6900
8 GB Ram
Windows 7 64-bit
Anything in the console log after or during the freeze?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Nothing in the log changes. The sound bogs down but the framerate usually stays at 60, just the frame or controls seem to freeze. It hasn't frozen in a spot where I could see if anything was happening
Was messing with the settings some more and think I found the solution. My computer seems to be having an issue with xaudio 2. I changed it to directsound and have yet to run into it again. Thanks for help.
Hmm...have you updated directX to the latest using this? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35
Maybe install SP1 for Windows 7 too...but it's a pretty strange issue haven't seen anyone else reporting it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-28-2012, 01:44 AM)Spikyworm Wrote: ... as well as re-imaged my disc. ...

Did you use ImgBurn...?

Also worth asking;
Are you loading from a savestate by chance?

Do you monitor your computer's resources (e.g. CPU, GPU, RAM or V-RAM) when it freezes?
Any strange behavior...?